3shape rests for partials

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Got a few cases a month when I need to add some attachments and rest spots on crowns. It's quit time consuming doing it with robotic telescope. How do you do it? I think 3shape should make it more easier. Some people I know made rests in some 3d software and add them in library as attachments. Also I don't like doing it with 0 degree angulation. Is it possible to do it in different angulation? All I found is to add second band as conus but design when moving dots is a mess.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I agree there should be something within the software to make it easier. I just design the full crown, the take the planecut tool set up the occlusal view then planecut the distal or medial for the guide plane. Then take the wax tool, minus and set the amount to high and the size as needed and manually scoop out a rest on the mesial and distal.

When you have two crowns that need parallel guide planes just simply set the occlusal view and plane cut the both . I also design the crown with a little bit more room to get a good guide plane and not clip the margin with the plane cut tool. I can mention this in the beta test group and see what they say.

There is a retention attachment In the attachment tool that has a bullnose end on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
R

rookiee

Reaction score
I agree there should be something within the software to make it easier. I just design the full crown, the take the planecut tool set up the occlusal view then planecut the distal or medial for the guide plane. Then take the wax tool, minus and set the amount to high and the size as needed and manually scoop out a rest on the mesial and distal.

When you have two crowns that need parallel guide planes just simply set the occlusal view and plane cut the both . I also design the crown with a little bit more room to get a good guide plane and not clip the margin with the plane cut tool. I can mention this in the beta test group and see what they say.

There is a retention attachment In the attachment tool that has a bullnose end on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, please do. Can't understand how 3shape wasn't thinking about this feature.

Top Bottom