CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they have negative 3 megapascals?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I didn't listen to the whole video, but no more mandatory fees? Now it is called a subscription?

View attachment 25232
If you want the upgrades and support included then you pay the subscription fees.
or
you can opt for no fees and no upgrades.Pay as you go for support.

I think you have to buy one of the new e series scanners though.
it comes with a free t shirt that says " bite this exocadavers"

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Here, here...Sirona, the main offender. But supposedly their more open now, within the Sirona "family" itself?

They are more open...sort of. If you want to import .stl files into their mills it works pretty well. This is also free, meaning no dongles/licenses required. If you want to export files as .stl you have to either pay $16.00 per file transfer or $3,000 per year for a yearly unlimited license.
They now have a bite splint and partial framework software that both create their own unique file that can't be milled on Sirona mills without converting the file into an .stl. I guess it's hard to break old habits for some.

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
50%+50%=1 BeerCheers

3shape%20vs%20exo_zpsgouinfub.png

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wow...3Shape has finally started doing what us Exocader's been screaming about. To think, they could of came to this website 7 years ago and got that advice for free. In 7 years, think of all that money they just plssed out the window...I wonder if 3Shape will send Travis a thank you letter? Something like this maybe, Dear Travis (DLN extraordinaire) We have finally had a rectal cranial inversion here at 3Shape and finally wised up to what you lab techs been saying for almost the last decade and are changing our ways. If you want to buy something brand new off our vast lot, we won't shut it down after a year, you just won't get the new upgrades. I hope that finds your Friday blessed in DLN land....3Shape out :)

P.S. TheLabGuy is smarter than us :p

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Now if they could just get the bugs worked out.Hahaha

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Wow...3Shape has finally started doing what us Exocader's been screaming about. To think, they could of came to this website 7 years ago and got that advice for free. In 7 years, think of all that money they just plssed out the window...I wonder if 3Shape will send Travis a thank you letter? Something like this maybe, Dear Travis (DLN extraordinaire) We have finally had a rectal cranial inversion here at 3Shape and finally wised up to what you lab techs been saying for almost the last decade and are changing our ways. If you want to buy something brand new off our vast lot, we won't shut it down after a year, you just won't get the new upgrades. I hope that finds your Friday blessed in DLN land....3Shape out :)

P.S. TheLabGuy is smarter than us :p

charles hallam cdt

charles hallam cdt

Reaction score
3shape still gets you on their module update fees

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I just updated my contract. I have every module for exocad except the partial and denture module.
$2200.
Take that 3ShapeBoxing

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
how long was your purchase plan though? as i understand it when you buy exocad you get that year and the next year any updates no charge. after that you pay to update or null payment to continue at same patch.

Top Bottom