3shape modules

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Having a D1000, I can say I like the speed and accuracy, but for what you can get with a E3, I don't know if the extra cost justifies
the slight gain in speed and accuracy of the D1000.

One of the benefits of the D1000 is to be able to scan (when it can read it clearly) the dies in the model without a separate die scan.
But in my case, I hate working with the jumpy spline line, so I have it set to scan the die individually. It may be
about the same scan difference between the 2, as the scan die in arch takes a little longer, but I haven't timed it.

Can the 3Shape scan the models and dies at the same time like the Medit, OT, and DOF?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The D1000 and D2000 can, as far as my not knowing about the Medit, OT and DOF and how they do it (I haven't watched the videos of thier scans lately). But as Sevan and I agree with, we get better results scanning the dies separately. Others may do better with that feature
than I do. http://www.3shape.com/en/new-products/dental-labs/lab-scanners

edit:sp

Last edited:
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
The D1000 and D2000 can, as far as my not knowing about the Medit, OT and DOF and how they do it (I haven't watched the videos of thier scans lately). But as Sevan and I agree with, we get better results scanning the dies separately.
edit:sp

I'm not familiar with the 3Shape but this video seems to demonstrate a more efficient technique in acquiring the same goal. Dontknow

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
They use the bite to align all the parts. As where 3shape uses the prep scan to align the die. What car and I are talking about is leaving the dies in the model, scanning the prep model with dies in place. Then in the design it acts as a unsectioned model and you have to cut the dies out. Like in a trios scan and most io scans.

But I do like this technique if aligning everything off the bite, it saves the step of scanning the prep with die in place.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk