3Shape D800

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where is the best place to buy a 3Shape D800?
Who has the best price?
Does anyone here have this scanner? What do you think about it?
Does it have any weak points or things that are frustrating to use?

I currently have the NobelProcera laser scanner but I'm not satisfied with what it can do.

Scott W

Scott W

Reaction score
You might want to check with Steve Blaze at 3Dmillingcenter. His number is 425-227-4333.
He had the lowest price quote when we were shopping around for a 3Shape.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
If you don't care about support then call 3dmilling center. That low price comes with a cost...

C

Caver

Reaction score
YMS96 wrote "If you don't care about support then call 3dmilling center. That low price comes with a cost... "

Don't know what support you would need that 3D didn't give you help with.

I bought the D700 from 3D Milling center and have had very good support. Ask for Josh and he will walk you through anything you need!

T

TROJAN HORSE

Reaction score
denseply and glidewell, denseply gave us a 5k credit with compartus, its a sweet unit

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
B&D Dental, Hyrum Anderson.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at Diadem, has anyone used them?
All I want to produce is zirconia frameworks, titanium abutments, and zirconia abutments. I don't do any bars.

Has anyone used this scanner? The texture scanning feature looks pretty cool but I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Our D800 was due last week, so not hands on yet, but the texture was supposed to benefit chrome design as you could see drawn lines on it - not convinced you would need the D800 for just C&B if you have no bar requirement. Save a few $

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
The reason I like the idea of texture scanning for C&B is so that I can mark my margins on the dies with a pencil instead of just using the margin marking tools in the software.

Plus I always like to get top of the line equipment just in case I need to do something. I'd rather have the tools and never use them than to not have them if I need them.

I'm just curious about how well it works.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Does anyone know where is the best place to buy a 3Shape D800?
Who has the best price?
Does anyone here have this scanner? What do you think about it?
Does it have any weak points or things that are frustrating to use?

I currently have the NobelProcera laser scanner but I'm not satisfied with what it can do.

I know we have talked a bit via PM but I really am interested in why your having problems with your Nobel system. We are getting exceptional fits with this system for the ZI and the TI abutments are second to none. We have had the system quite a bit longer than you and I originally had poor fits compared to what I was getting with my older nobel system. I know the new mills are coming so we shall see if it makes any difference. I imagine it will only get better.

Just remember the auto detection of the margin line just gets you close, as I mentioned to you in the PM you really need to use the 2D to set your finish line. I will put my nobel milled Zi frames up against anyones and will not think twice about thinking my fits are better. They are definitely better than a lot of the Lava frames I outsourced when Dr's specifically asked for Lava product.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
I know we have talked a bit via PM but I really am interested in why your having problems with your Nobel system. We are getting exceptional fits with this system for the ZI and the TI abutments are second to none. We have had the system quite a bit longer than you and I originally had poor fits compared to what I was getting with my older nobel system. I know the new mills are coming so we shall see if it makes any difference. I imagine it will only get better.

Just remember the auto detection of the margin line just gets you close, as I mentioned to you in the PM you really need to use the 2D to set your finish line. I will put my nobel milled Zi frames up against anyones and will not think twice about thinking my fits are better. They are definitely better than a lot of the Lava frames I outsourced when Dr's specifically asked for Lava product.

I too love the TI abutments I'm getting back. But the ZI I was getting from my Lava milling guy was far superior to what I'm getting back from Nobel.

Abutments are particularly difficult to get a decent scan on this scanner for me. I've followed all of the tips that my Nobel rep and the Nobel tech people have given me but I'm not getting anywhere near the fit I had with Lava.

The margins on the scanned dies look completely different in the software than how they actually are. You can see what I'm talking about in the photo I posted. This is a scan of a Ti abutment, I have a 40X microscope, the abutment is perfect. But it is really rough in the scan.

And every Zi framework I get back hits the occlusal area on the dies when I get them back, keeping them from seating fully without a lot of adjusting.
I never had this problem with Lava.

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6189_6130033119_5d834be444_b.jpg

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I have a 40X microscope"

lol over powered for dentistry or what? :)

my system does x20 and i even find that to much.

how many um can you see at x40 ? easily less than 5um id say.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I too love the TI abutments I'm getting back. But the ZI I was getting from my Lava milling guy was far superior to what I'm getting back from Nobel.

Abutments are particularly difficult to get a decent scan on this scanner for me. I've followed all of the tips that my Nobel rep and the Nobel tech people have given me but I'm not getting anywhere near the fit I had with Lava.

The margins on the scanned dies look completely different in the software than how they actually are. You can see what I'm talking about in the photo I posted. This is a scan of a Ti abutment, I have a 40X microscope, the abutment is perfect. But it is really rough in the scan.

And every Zi framework I get back hits the occlusal area on the dies when I get them back, keeping them from seating fully without a lot of adjusting.
I never had this problem with Lava.

If you are scanning ti you have to use spray, its the spray thats causing issues. As I told you in the PM if you dupe the abutment in stone you will not have these issues.

Is that a stone dup or a scan of a sprayed abutment?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Having to dupe an abutment prior to scanning is not necessary with 3Shape.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
that looks pretty poor.

I doubt a little more/less scan spray would help.

You really think so John?

Could the model/jig/abutment have moved during digitizing?

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
If you are scanning ti you have to use spray, its the spray thats causing issues. As I told you in the PM if you dupe the abutment in stone you will not have these issues.

Is that a stone dup or a scan of a sprayed abutment?

This is a stone duplicate. No spray.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thats really odd are you using a resin die stone thats reflective? We use GC FUJIROCK® EP OptiXscan.

Are you using the rectangular multi die holder with putty when you scan this?

Are you selecting a minimal area to scan via the blue circle?

Also when we make our dupes of abutments we make a minimal ditch by waxing out big undercuts, I am not saying yours is a problem but I like to have 4mm under the margin but this just comes from my days with the touch scanner.