3shape anatomical libraries

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
how can i export my library?
and how can i import a new one as well?

considering doing some designing in my free time. (which is minimal). thought it would be cool to import/export it

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Call your reseller, lol, or Sevan.:D

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I remember a good thread on libraries 2-3 years ago. Search away you wee fairy

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I remember a good thread on libraries 2-3 years ago. Search away you wee fairy
2-3 years? sheesh old man. that's a lot of threads! (been hunting for one. saw some)
ya turd ferguson!

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score

considering doing some designing in my free time. (which is minimal). thought it would be cool to import/export it

You can import/export libraries via 3shape Control Panel under "Import/Export". (Bottom Left on screen)
To Export, select the "export"...then, check the box you have your library named (i.e. C15, C16 ect),which should be listed under "Smile Libraries" ...you will then be prompted to name your .dme...save
To Import, go to same location in Control Panel, select import...locate your previously saved .dme

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
You can import/export libraries via 3shape Control Panel under "Import/Export". (Bottom Left on screen)
To Export, select the "export"...then, check the box you have your library named (i.e. C15, C16 ect),which should be listed under "Smile Libraries" ...you will then be prompted to name your .dme...save
To Import, go to same location in Control Panel, select import...locate your previously saved .dme
thank you! cant wait to play around with this some!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

So when importing libraries they already need to be setup. You can as McTeeth said, import and Export libraries via the control panel. But if you have a certain style you prefer and have wax up of them then you need to create a library and tat requires you to scan the wax up in and set the control points and put it into arch and position them.

When you say consider designing in my free time, what do you mean? If it is on 3shape the libraries should already be there, why would you need to import or export them?

p.s you could never hassle me, just give me a jingle or text.

Call your reseller, lol, or Sevan.:D

Thanks Beer

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
thank you! cant wait to play around with this some!

If you wan't to create your own signature library you need to go to "ScanIt Library", and like Sevan said, scan in your waxup of each tooth and set your control points and Smile Composer , if I remember correctly. Lots of work.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
If you wan't to create your own signature library you need to go to "ScanIt Library", and like Sevan said, scan in your waxup of each tooth and set your control points and Smile Composer , if I remember correctly. Lots of work.
yes, everyone told me I was crazy to do it.
its not something I want to do out of necessity. just more of a goal or hobby. I really enjoy waxing full contour. its prob the most exciting part of making teeth and I do it less and less. so this might be just me holding on to my own unique "flare" and artistry side of things.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It is not as difficult as you think. Once scanned you have to outline a cut off, where the software will round off the bottom of the crown, then you set basic control points and place it within the smile composer to form the arch. You also have to option to morph and use the wax knife. Pretty open cool, if you a good design in wax I would scan it in and set it up as a library.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It is not as difficult as you think. Once scanned you have to outline a cut off, where the software will round off the bottom of the crown, then you set basic control points and place it within the smile composer to form the arch. You also have to option to morph and use the wax knife. Pretty open cool, if you a good design in wax I would scan it in and set it up as a library.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
interesting, i cant wait to play with it!
sounds like i could possibly modify some of the current libraries i have too? (as far as cut off point, etc)

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
yes, everyone told me I was crazy to do it.
its not something I want to do out of necessity. just more of a goal or hobby. I really enjoy waxing full contour. its prob the most exciting part of making teeth and I do it less and less. so this might be just me holding on to my own unique "flare" and artistry side of things.

For sure its fun to play around. I like the interest! I set one up back in 2011. But then I started using CAP's shortly after

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
At least now with Lee Culps anatomy library has some of the flatter occlusion I've been wanting, without creating my own library. His ging 1/3rd does seem a little wonkie with it though, a little to much lingual contour, and not enough buccal fullness. It could just be me, in just needing to manipulate it with the Sculpt Toolkit better?

edit: the one I just did, came out better. It may have something to do with using Auto Placement verses Individual Transformation.

Last edited:
McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
At least now with Lee Culps anatomy library has some of the flatter occlusion I've been wanting, without creating my own library. His ging 1/3rd does seem a little wonkie with it though, a little to much lingual contour, and not enough buccal fullness. It could just be me, in just needing to manipulate it with the Sculpt Toolkit better?

edit: the one I just did, came out better. It may have something to do with using Auto Placement verses Individual Transformation.

Yeah I'm using Matt Roberts anteriors, CAP posteriors right now. Was never a big fan CAP anteriors. I should look at some more libraries 2016 now that I think about it.