3Shape 2017 experiences, troubles, joys

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
I upgraded from 16.4.0 to 17.2.0 last weekend. It's been smooth sailing until today, when I first attempted to slap an attachment into a model in Model Builder.

attach1.png

attach2.png

Beyond that, it pops up the second error ad infinitum, and you'll have to murder modelbuilder.exe with task manager.

I was suspecting that it'd be some weird added attachments from earlier installs, so I deleted them all in control panel and imported them back from a fresh, unadulterated standalone install. Still the same. Any ideas?

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
Looks like it's also happening to the fresh, unmolested standalone version. So probably not an attachment library issue.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hey! Thief........lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
There we go, that should make my life easier. Thanks.

A

anonymous1

Reaction score
Yup that is a bug, why do't you use the vertex articulator? it is in there. if not then here you go itero and vertex.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjy519ecw2mbibz/itero vertex.dme?dl=0
And here they are in STL...;)

I made a small change to the library. I added a .06mm hole that's too tiny to print in the center of the articulator so now when you print a hollow model it will reinforce around the hole and create a pad for the iTero button to work. Works well for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q2oambbgddg9z6d/itero_vertex_stl.zip

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
I will post pic later
Waiting for analog to come in
Have to design 4 unit mandibular anterior full contour zirconia bridge
Placement of implants is off and need to design with abutment in inreproximal
Anyone have any experience with this on 3-shape

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
The model builder attachment bug has been fixed in 17.2.1:

Available with Dental System 17.2.1
Removable partial dentures

For users that have both Dental System Premium as well as Removable Partial Denture add-on, the Dental System Premium license will now be chosen for crown and bridge orders. Before this fix a crown order would block users from designing RPD’s without the use of CAD points .
Manufacturing output
Producing manufacturing output with Degudent.dll no longer result in PC freeze and out-of-memory error.
Model Builder
The ability to append attachments in the final sculpt step of Model Builder has been fixed.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@Sevan P well, it's official. You are now an officially published 3Shape geek.

I thought to block out some of your info so you don't become the phone in from around the world, 3Shape support Geek Squad. :)

From the What's New in 17.2.1 pdf.

sevan 3shape.JPG

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
King Sevan sounds good.

image.php

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
@Sevan P well, it's official. You are now an officially published 3Shape geek.

I thought to block out some of your info so you don't become the phone in from around the world, 3Shape support Geek Squad. :)

From the What's New in 17.2.1 pdf.

View attachment 28199

Dont hate the player, hate the game son!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dont hate the player, hate the game son!

By the way, when I was debating upgrading to a D900L or a D1000, you mentioned that a friend of yours
had a D1000 and loved it. I have to tend to agree, I'm glad for just a little more, I went with the D1000.

The "What's New" with 17.2.1 seems like it has some nice features. Zimmer
Biomet says they are up to speed with v17, I just also need to confirm it with Vulcan Milling
before I do the upgrade.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
By the way, when I was debating upgrading to a D900L or a D1000, you mentioned that a friend of yours
had a D1000 and loved it. I have to tend to agree, I'm glad for just a little more, I went with the D1000.

The "What's New" with 17.2.1 seems like it has some nice features. Zimmer
Biomet says they are up to speed with v17, I just also need to confirm it with Vulcan Milling
before I do the upgrade.

Your welcome. Vulcan and straumann yes, just need to send it as a 2016 file when the pop up window for ending comes, in the lower section.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Your welcome. Vulcan and straumann yes, just need to send it as a 2016 file when the pop up window for ending comes, in the lower section.

Thanks for the tip, Sevan, I appreciate it :)

Top Bottom