3Shape 2016 question

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Hey all, got a question concerning 3Shape. When I receive IOS scans with my 2016 software, the option to change the implant is no longer there. (This is after the case has been modeled and now you are creating the abutment). My other scanners are on 2014 and this option is available. Was this a software change with the upgrade or is it something that I just need turned on in the 2016 software.
Thanks for your help

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what do you mean by change implant? like the brand? maybe i'm not understanding - but i don't think it's changed, the format may be a bit different

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
yeah like change it from a struamann ti base to an NT Trading. I like using the DIM's with NT Trading rather than the digital analogs for straumann

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can change the order but if the marker is the other implant you are out of luck. They removed platform swapping in 2015. You would most likely have to create your own custom library. But that can be tricky if the coordanites are not the same. I just made a custom hybrid mix and had to rotate the x on the ti bases 90 degrees in order to work. There were talks about it coming back, but nothing yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom