3M True Def

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
IMG_4402.jpg

we're not using model builder - model builder really screws things up.

the next part will be to figure out how to get soft tissue in there. but the die/abutments have been 1:1 - milling > printing in that regards

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nice photo, are the abutment dies removable?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
removable dies for an implant case?

No thanks. I'll take a printed model with analogs any day.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
removable dies for an implant case?

No thanks. I'll take a printed model with analogs any day.

at this point, what makes the analog placement any more accurate than a locked in die?

the reason i've liked this system, is because they scan the model and then superimpose it over the 3shape data for deviation.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm more confident with a locked analog(not those slide in types.) than a removable die. Is there a difference? I don't know.

edit: are the dies lockable?

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
IMG_4402.jpg

we're not using model builder - model builder really screws things up.

the next part will be to figure out how to get soft tissue in there. but the die/abutments have been 1:1 - milling > printing in that regards

Nice model, eye; but it looks like placement is an issue especially the interproximal of the pre molars 12 and 13 or you may have to make some "humungous teeeef"...;)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Nice model, eye; but it looks like placement is an issue especially the interproximal of the pre molars 12 and 13 or you may have to make some "humungous teeeef"...;)
so what we are working on next is to replace that "square" with soft tissue, or something milled or printed.

with regards to this case lol - i mean c'mon, this is NOT the worse y'all have seen before. actually i think the RX asked for 2 molars.

I'm more confident with a locked analog(not those slide in types.) than a removable die. Is there a difference? I don't know.

edit: are the dies lockable?

so there is an anti-rotation design milled into the bottom of the die + they are all square-ish shapes. So it will only fit in one way. Of course the nature of the material means I can jam it in the wrong way, but that's a different story.

For now? It's the only way I can do multi-unit encode.

as a famous homosexual man says all the time: "make it work"