3I ?- how could this be

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
morning ladies and gentlemen, we made a case on the 3I implant blue platform on tooth ##10- as per Dr. made 1 piece zirconia with tissue.
case did not work - i am sorry i do not have more pics had to break anolog out of other model and dr did not send photos of case in the mouth
he wil be sending me film that proves that the restoration was fully engaged - how ever the incisial lenght is off by 3mm and contacts are wrong
when case was fabricated the final lenght was 1mm short of incisial edge of central #9

how can this be???

i thought that it might be possible that the implant is moving and did not intergrate to the bone

Greg Amendola MDT
mom.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Was an open or closed impression coping used?...or was this an encode?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
closed tray

It's possible that the impression coping was not fully re-seated back into the impression prior to pouring the model.

This would result in an analog which is actually higher than the implant resulting in a short occlusion or incisal edge in the mouth.

Been there,done that...biohorizons are the worst for re-seating imho.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
It's possible that the impression coping was not fully re-seated back into the impression prior to pouring the model.

This would result in an analog which is actually higher than the implant resulting in a short occlusion or incisal edge in the mouth.

Been there,done that...biohorizons are the worst for re-seating imho.

but iam 3mm longer in mouth then on model

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Analog wasn't seated in impression coping when model work was done?

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
Analog wasn't seated in impression coping when model work was done?

i understand what you and RKM are saying

thank you for your help and guidence

but how can that happen with a closed tray impression
i heard the snap when I engaged it into the impression

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i understand what you and RKM are saying

thank you for your help and guidence

but how can that happen with a closed tray impression
i heard the snap when I engaged it into the impression

Then I don't think it is anything you did wrong. Did the Dr use a stock tray? If so,I wonder if the coping prevented proper seating of the tray?

I've never made a screw retained zr crown/abutment with 3I. Who made the abutment?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It can't if you're sure it snapped into place, but that's the only thing I could think of that would result in that. Rob

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
thanks - so many varibles

we ordered it from Atlantis

Greg Amendola MDT

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
morning ladies and gentlemen, we made a case on the 3I implant blue platform on tooth ##10- as per Dr. made 1 piece zirconia with tissue.
case did not work - i am sorry i do not have more pics had to break anolog out of other model and dr did not send photos of case in the mouth
he wil be sending me film that proves that the restoration was fully engaged - how ever the incisial lenght is off by 3mm and contacts are wrong
when case was fabricated the final lenght was 1mm short of incisial edge of central #9

how can this be???

i thought that it might be possible that the implant is moving and did not intergrate to the bone

Greg Amendola MDT

Greg, my hypothesis is this, and I'm leaning towarda Catamount Rob. Model work. My theory is that the analog was not completely mated with the imp coping when the model was poured. You say I did, I'm sure you did. It could have happened inadvertently during handling, the soft tissue mask may have prevented you from seeing this.
Since you destroyed the model there is no way to go back and double check by pouring another model and comparing both. If you're in a habit of reusing parts you run the risk of using worn parts. The imp screw that holds the analog may not have been engaging intimately ( ie worn threads on screw or in analog) and Vibration could cause its loosening. When the model is poured like this then the analog is actually sitting deeper in the model than it actually is in the mouth. The restoration is made and placed on the implant that is really shallower in the mouth, resulting in hyper occlusion. The other clue? Contacts are off, whch means the timing of the analog is off.

Last edited:
Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Had this happen with an Atlantis custom zir abutment one time. Analog wasn't seated. Model department now gets double qc'd before implant cases are poured up. Haven't had it happen since.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
Had this happen with an Atlantis custom zir abutment one time. Analog wasn't seated. Model department now gets double qc'd before implant cases are poured up. Haven't had it happen since.

thank you all for the insight and help

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I second that, happened to a resident case also. If newbie
in the lab did not seat the analog fully in the housing when it was scanned,
or seated too deep in the holder (?not sure how this is in the Atlantis)
in this case, I can see it creat the problem.
LCM

Top Bottom