3D conversion 3M1 for veneer

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a veneer to do on a central that client has selected 3M1 as the shade.

I have since told them to use the classical shades for Emax.

Anyway need a conversion for this one.

I have a guide that says C1 opaque, then 2/3rds C1 + 1/3RD C2 for the main build.

Obviously we dont use opaque for Emax. The case has a nice stump shade of ND2.

I was thinking of pressing in HT C1 then layerig with the above ratios of C1 + C2.

Anyone else have a better idea ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Edit* Just poured up case and there is a bucket load of room for the veneer, will be quite thick. I did read that HT should only be used for thinner veneers, so best i stick with an LT ?
Tony

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I just did a case that called for 3m1, It was #7 venner 8 crn over zir impland and 9 and 10 venners. I had plenty of room and I used D2 LT and layered the incisal. The shade came out nice. It matched 3m1 but it hasnt gone in the mouth yet.
Al

C

ChrisR

Reaction score
I also just finished a case with a shade of 3M1 but mine were #8,9 crowns. I pressed MO4 with a full facial cut back down to .7mm from cervial to incisal to keep the saturation of the MO 4 low. Layered facial w/ special incisal grey @cervical with some C1 here and there. 50/50 mix of opal 1 and TI 3 thru body and a hint of C1 body here and there also. and opal 1 and 2 thru incisal 1/3. She was on the warmer side of the 3M1 though. They seemed to match extremely well. Hope it helps

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Thanks guys

Will be building it in the next few days so look forward to trying your ideas

A

AL1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Shofu Vintage Art shade stains on Emax. They say it works on pressed ceramics, but it seems to fire higher than Emax shades. I like some of their colors and shade adjustment pastes.