3 Shape Version 2016.1.0

R

Rmkep

Reaction score
I just have a quick question and maybe someone has a solution. We have the D2000 Scanner and we recently updated our software to the 2016 software for 3 shape. Before we updated our version we were having issues with the bite scans coming through the opposing arch .05-.10 mm. We were told with the newest update that this bug would be fixed, but it's still happening. Is anyone else having this issue and if so how are you going about fixing this problem. Maybe this post is somewhere else and I'm just not seeing it, if so sorry!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
well, lets use our noggins here.

each scan is +- some microns. the arch scan is usually a 'rough' 20um scan and dies are where your single digit micron accuracy come into play.

2 scans +- 20 um means a bite that may be overclosed as much as 40um on the worst day.

add to that, your magnetically attached plates are always 10-15um of not making contact because of either junk on the plates or you know, the fact that objects not in a vacuum dont truly ever touch, and your 40um becomes 70um.

that is assuming you even have a bite that is supposed to have 0um clearance. most people use 1-2 thickness of bite paper (total 350um.)

so the fact you are overclosed by between 40-70 um is worrisome.

the fact 3shape doesnt bother accounting for any of this is also one of the reasons ive never bothered to get anything more than an d800.

tomas

tomas

Sponsors
Reaction score
I just have a quick question and maybe someone has a solution. We have the D2000 Scanner and we recently updated our software to the 2016 software for 3 shape. Before we updated our version we were having issues with the bite scans coming through the opposing arch .05-.10 mm. We were told with the newest update that this bug would be fixed, but it's still happening. Is anyone else having this issue and if so how are you going about fixing this problem. Maybe this post is somewhere else and I'm just not seeing it, if so sorry!

did you see the mill after you design it . i think its okay .

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Are you scanning a solid model as the model and a section model on the bite? I see this a lot when doing that combo. I would highly recommend a 3 point alignment and also if you have a A & B impression using the same solid that the model was done on. It happens to me here and there but ever so lightly collapsed. You can also get the 1.0.9.5 scan server and update just the scan server. This is what I did on my 2016.1.0 D2000 station, I am running 2016.2.0 on a D700 at my personal station which is a testing station when newer versions are release before I upgrade my production line. I also make sure mi bite are nice and solid by using sticky wax to ensure the bite does not move while being scanned.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I have my own issues with this upgrade.

1. Currently if I design an abutment and crown together (split file),the software is generating CAM only for the crown. That's been fun....

2. I have set my auto save to run every 10 minutes because when it happens it takes nearly 45 seconds for the auto save to occur.

3. Once I'm finished with a design, again - it takes nearly 45 seconds to save the results before I can close the window.

4. ModelBuilder is more buggy than ever.

After two days of this nonsense, I (not seriously) considered flying to Denmark to "express" myself...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

1. Currently if I design an abutment and crown together (split file),the software is generating CAM only for the crown. That's been fun....

2. I have set my auto save to run every 10 minutes because when it happens it takes nearly 45 seconds for the auto save to occur.

3. Once I'm finished with a design, again - it takes nearly 45 seconds to save the results before I can close the window.

After two days of this nonsense, I (not seriously) considered flying to Denmark to "express" myself...
#2,3 is this due to the 2016 version or the computer? 45sec for "saving" is stupid long for a watch nowadays, let along a computer and program

R

Rmkep

Reaction score
After the Mill it's been fine, it just depends on the doctor's preference and how much they want the crown out of occlusion. Some may like it where a truck can get through it which is fine if the bite is coming through the opposing, but if they like it tighter and the bite is off the ceramist isn't so happy about the grinding. I was just curious if it was still happening with anyone else. I'll look at what the scan server version is on, I didn't think about checking that out. We do use the 3 point alignment for every case just so that it's more precise.

I have also since upgrading noticed the freezing when it's saving. I still had mine set to every 5 minutes so maybe I should look into the 10 Mins intervals. It's good to know others are having those issues because I was beginning to think it may have had to do with our memory. Thanks Guys!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

#1 is fixed in 2016.2.0

#2 just turn it off and hit the save icon.

#3 Look into a newer computer if needed.

#4 My model builder is good! Implants and C&B.

Can you elaborate more on the bugs?
#2,3 is this due to the 2016 version or the computer? 45sec for "saving" is stupid long for a watch nowadays, let along a computer and program

Well seeing that 2016 is a tru 64bit and uses more resources a stringer PC is suggested by me. My second design station is a older PC ran 2015 just fine, since the 2016 upgrade it has lag and loads slower. So it is not just you. You want to play with the new stuff you got to pay to play. The world of CadCam is like that.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well seeing that 2016 is a tru 64bit and uses more resources a stringer PC is suggested by me. My second design station is a older PC ran 2015 just fine, since the 2016 upgrade it has lag and loads slower. So it is not just you. You want to play with the new stuff you got to pay to play. The world of CadCam is like that.
im not on 2016, was just asking the questions since it made sense to me that it was the comp
though I am considering the upgrade, so I want to be prepared! lol

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
#1 is fixed in 2016.2.0

#2 just turn it off and hit the save icon.

#3 Look into a newer computer if needed.

#4 My model builder is good! Implants and C&B.

Can you elaborate more on the bugs?

Got 16.2 yesterday. Better, but...

1. You are correct - fixed.

2. I don't want to turn it off. Its a safety feature that shouldn't derail your work flow. I hardly noticed it 2014. Why is it so different in 2016? Just seems like an unnecessary change.

3. See #2 above

4. Much more touchy when trimming the model. I have to constantly manipulate the spline, and more often than not, it freezes if it doesn't like the spline, forcing me to close out and restart.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
You seem pretty adept with this stuff judging from you comments. Is there anyway to do a temp case with virtual preps and then output the prepared model as an .stl to print? Thanks...

R

Rmkep

Reaction score
You seem pretty adept with this stuff judging from you comments. Is there anyway to do a temp case with virtual preps and then output the prepared model as an .stl to print? Thanks...
You have to log the case in as Temporary Crowns and then you'll just have to select the cut out line and a margin. It'll form to your unprepared teeth and you can modify them to your liking. Then it'll let you select your parameters for the preps. I just completed a case the other day and it worked fine for me.

Last edited:
A

AlonSoudry

Reaction score

Hello, my name is Alon Soudry, i work at the Academy department at 3Shape,
please let me know what would be the best way to contact you so I can help.
Thanks

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
2016 just sucks ass..
I wish we had never upgraded (downgraded)
unfortunately, the unfamiliar shot callers in the Lab made the decision.. mistake

if anyone is considering it.. I suggest holding off

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
2016 just sucks ass..
I wish we had never upgraded (downgraded)
unfortunately, the unfamiliar shot callers in the Lab made the decision.. mistake

if anyone is considering it.. I suggest holding off
im waiting!

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
16 is good for me so far.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
16 is good for me so far.

Same here. With the limited type of restorations I do, singles, bridges, implants, frameworks, has been really nice. Maybe when I get into more of the involved stuff, I may find more issues?

Last edited: