3 Shape desinging?

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
so i m totally new at CAD system for 3shape and want to know what is possible for 3shape to do.
I have full upper mouth restoration with couple of implants that deals with 15 degrees and 30 degrees angulated straumann impression copings (its brown impression coping). So I guess first step is to pour the model with stone with gum material. And then ????? I m totally stuck here. because i dont know what 3shape is capable of doing but I have a friend who has 3shape and will be using it to do the case. My ideal plan is waxing up the case and cut back facials for future layering with porcelain. My question is is there a way to scan those angulated impression coping in 3shape program? and use my WaxUp to insert into the design? Its for zirconium restoration. any answer or tip is appreciated!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
so i m totally new at CAD system for 3shape and want to know what is possible for 3shape to do.
I have full upper mouth restoration with couple of implants that deals with 15 degrees and 30 degrees angulated straumann impression copings (its brown impression coping). So I guess first step is to pour the model with stone with gum material. And then ????? I m totally stuck here. because i dont know what 3shape is capable of doing but I have a friend who has 3shape and will be using it to do the case. My ideal plan is waxing up the case and cut back facials for future layering with porcelain. My question is is there a way to scan those angulated impression coping in 3shape program? and use my WaxUp to insert into the design? Its for zirconium restoration. any answer or tip is appreciated!
You need the scan flags for the implants to create abutments in 3d land digitally. The program will not know the timing/rotation of the implants without the scanflag.

You can manually make your abutments, scan, do a waxup by hand, scan again.

But why?

You would be barely using your software. Get the scanflags, let the program auto-parallel the abutments and build from there.

If you want more control over the outcome, dup the cast and do a dx waxup that he could then use as a guide to your desired design.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
You will be making a zirconia implant bridge screw retained so in addition you will need a ti base that coordinates with the scan flag. If you go to my website you can see the parts you will need. Type in the search box on the top right hand side 50.007 which is the scan body and 15.007 which is the multiunit ti base that will screw into the top of the brown analogs. The site is www.dess-usa.com.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you are using 15 and 30 deg standard abutments no big deal. screw the abutments on the model and scan it like any regular die.

starting from the very basics, yes you can scan waxups. theres two things you need to know about that before you go ahead: 1. scan waxups using the blue icon found in the Frame section. this will tell the computer to scan first with the waxup On, then with waxup Off. 2. when designing any case with a waxup the softwae defaults to giving you the whole waxup duplicated. so if you want the frame cut back you have to wax that cutback. whatever you give it, it will copy.

sounds like you need a full design course. im sure if you pay sevan enough he will come out lol

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Best bet, ask your friend who will be doing the work on 3shape.
Work out between you what you two can do, should do, and want to do, and how.

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Best bet, ask your friend who will be doing the work on 3shape.
Work out between you what you two can do, should do, and want to do, and how.

Well he will only let me use the 3shape and he never did case like this too so i gotta figure everything out

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
T
You will be making a zirconia implant bridge screw retained so in addition you will need a ti base that coordinates with the scan flag. If you go to my website you can see the parts you will need. Type in the search box on the top right hand side 50.007 which is the scan body and 15.007 which is the multiunit ti base that will screw into the top of the brown analogs. The site is www.dess-usa.com.

Thnx will check it out!

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
T

Thnx will check it out!
if you are using 15 and 30 deg standard abutments no big deal. screw the abutments on the model and scan it like any regular die.

starting from the very basics, yes you can scan waxups. theres two things you need to know about that before you go ahead: 1. scan waxups using the blue icon found in the Frame section. this will tell the computer to scan first with the waxup On, then with waxup Off. 2. when designing any case with a waxup the softwae defaults to giving you the whole waxup duplicated. so if you want the frame cut back you have to wax that cutback. whatever you give it, it will copy.

sounds like you need a full design course. im sure if you pay sevan enough he will come out lol

Thnx for the tips =) haha i will go bankrupt lol

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
T

Thnx will check it out!
You need the scan flags for the implants to create abutments in 3d land digitally. The program will not know the timing/rotation of the implants without the scanflag.

You can manually make your abutments, scan, do a waxup by hand, scan again.

But why?

You would be barely using your software. Get the scanflags, let the program auto-parallel the abutments and build from there.

If you want more control over the outcome, dup the cast and do a dx waxup that he could then use as a guide to your desired design.

I see so the first thing is to get those scan flags or bodys. Is angulated or not it still uses same scan body right? They dont have another scan body just for angulated impression copings?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I see so the first thing is to get those scan flags or bodys. Is angulated or not it still uses same scan body right? They dont have another scan body just for angulated impression copings?
Well he will only let me use the 3shape and he never did case like this too so i gotta figure everything out
Oh boy. [Edit: as in oh boy are you in for a wild ride. And one unbelievable learning curve event. You're in over your head. Hope y'can do it to it like Pruitt used to do it]

Start here:
http://www.3shape.com/knowledge-center/webinars

Get reseller support.

And read the manuals. Yes, really. A self taught programmer I know and respect had built this wonderful little tool to help remove deadspace in his code. Then he read in the manuals appendix that a one word operand was built in that would do in seconds what he had been tweaking and polishing towards for a decade. Yes, really, read the manuals.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
The scan body and ti baes for multiunit is the same for multiunits from nobel straumann 3i neodent hiossen megagen and biohorizons. However as mentioned I would take JMN suggestions.

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will check the manuals out first!!! really appreciate!

Top Bottom