Facepalm cases

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
That is a quality impression. :)
I have a couple of clients that send bad impressions and wonder whats the problem.

I don't get it. They charge $$$ to the patient and cant seem to take a good impression or know what one looks like. Dentists don't like to call the patient and take a new impression.

Some labs make the crown/bridge regardless of the impression quality. This is the least inconvenient method for the patient and dentist and most expensive for the lab for remakes with bad impressions. Large labs that make their own zirconia and can afford this.

Ken

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me WHY an office would take a maxillary impression in a mandibular tray?!?! We've got an office that does it on a regular basis. We've had a couple of remakes because the palate was distorted.(at full charge to the Dr) I've talked to the Dr and all of the assistants and it's done no good.They continue to do it. Oh, and this is the same office that sends bloody impressions.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me WHY an office would take a maxillary impression in a mandibular tray?!?! We've got an office that does it on a regular basis. We've had a couple of remakes because the palate was distorted.(at full charger to the Dr) I've talked to the Dr and all of the assistants and it's done no good.They continue to do it. Oh, and this is the same office that sends bloody impressions.
Head so far up their pants leg they're coming round again and the world looks upside down now.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me WHY an office would take a maxillary impression in a mandibular tray?!?! We've got an office that does it on a regular basis. We've had a couple of remakes because the palate was distorted.(at full charger to the Dr) I've talked to the Dr and all of the assistants and it's done no good.They continue to do it. Oh, and this is the same office that sends bloody impressions.
Sounds like a lunch and learn opportunity.
make sure you bring a bottle of Ketchup for demo purposes.;)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I could explain, but I'd sound like a bitter old fool, at least moreso than I usually do

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
#10 flipper, script doesn't mention clasps, so I figured the teeth must have good undercuts...Till I looked.Hmmmm2
20171117_190529[1]b.jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
6987D73C-146F-4305-A052-6C23A365F59A.jpeg Waiting for a new impression on this one, script said to make the lingual flange as long as possible distal to the Tori. They had to see this, the office mounted and extracted the anterior teeth on it....

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 28818 Waiting for a new impression on this one, script said to make the lingual flange as long as possible distal to the Tori. They had to see this, the office mounted and extracted the anterior teeth on it....
[edit:thanks for the edit]
Doc expects assistant to red flag if there is a problem.

Assistant on model/mount duty never sees the script, just a pt nametag on the pan.

Anothr assistant writing the docs dictation never sees the atriculator open and stuffs it in a box or bag.

Just another day in a busy office.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Soooo.....pt comes for custom shade on 30-31 for FCZ crowns. Should've been 1st clue? Completed crowns did not match 29 which is a older discolored crown.....sooo we blended which she was happy with.....then the occl. was the issue. We added to that 2 times the second to make heavy centric, dr adj.'s less aggressive and go figure. I spent an hour and a half with pt./husband, Dr and office mnger listen to her try and explain what is wrong( a yellow legal pad one full sheet) of notes. Then we offer all options to correct and she just isn't sure we can do it cause her teeth have now moved and isn't the angle of the prep not allowing the proper result..

ENOUGH Already I almost oofered to cover all the expenses myself and three counseling sessions with PSCHY Dr
End result to come which will be her not paying bill maybe suing and another office making it right as she has lost all confidence in us

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Tl;Dr

Spotted the cray before the first period. You were correct

Top Bottom