Prehension handle "spot" on implant PFM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
image.php
If you're here, do you have dignity left to wound?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
try putting it in the embrasure....that way when its cut off and polished and the crown is seated, no one can see it. distal embrasure is best. (we use a small collar/tab for holding onto crowns in this manner instead of the "handle"

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Definately more than I knew.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Why not use holders that engage the screw channel and do away with the holder or the tab all together?

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Vident and renfert sell the holders that expand. I took the football shaped diamond out and replaced it with a flame diamond.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
so how will you build up the porcelain?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Here's an example of the spot in question.
Not a huge thing, but patients do comment on it when we do the final verification and show them the crown.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 16
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Make the ceramists learn a new trick and ditch the handles.
Get one of these:
spot clip.png

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Not a huge thing, but patients do comment on it when we do the final verification and show them the crown.

That is to high up, and looks kinda bad IMO. I do mine just above the margin. It would almost flow into the abutment metal.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Is it standard to put them dead center of the lingual/palatal at your lab?

Why not use the bulk of the crown as your friend and put it on the disto-lingual corner or even on the distal if the other teeth allow it. And as low as possible so it is part of the polished metal as a small half moon shape above the line.

Then even if the pt sees it, you can assure them that only them, you and the dental office staff will ever see it since the dot points to their throat.

Also, this makes it far far easier to lift a bridge with the pickup tool being nearly in line with the mass instead of having to really sqeeze the mosquitos or whatever your using to hold the tail.

Just for fun, I've heard of a dds fellow complain about 'those stupid dots' etc etc and couldn't get the explanation. Ended up being told that 'we know you know which side is which, but some need help with that. We'd rather not change protocol just for you." Doc went away feeling satisfied and superior.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
The tool seems like a good solution for layering.
How do you approach the issue of taking the crown on and off of the model, especially when the interface is sub-gingival?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I tend to get my emergence from the abutment, then the frame, this way I can build without the tissue.
I then take my spatula to carefully lift/pry the crown off at the margin, use the reverse hemostat or in my case, a Captek tweezers
and touch up any disturbed porcelain then final contour it in the bake state with the tissue in.

Last edited: