Hello all! CDT in training

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
Hello, all!
My name is Andy and I am excited to be part of this network.
I have been a Lab technician for going on 6 years. I am studying for my CDT in complete dentures. If anyone has any advice in taking or studying for the exams I appreciate it.
Thank you for the community!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Study the Air Force manual. And :welcome:

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
On it and Chapter 3 begins! bit by bit. day by day.........Deal

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello, all!
My name is Andy and I am excited to be part of this network.
I have been a Lab technician for going on 6 years. I am studying for my CDT in complete dentures. If anyone has any advice in taking or studying for the exams I appreciate it.
Thank you for the community!
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes!
does anyone know of a good place to get study resources? I could only find part of the Airforce manual online and the link posted on DNL is not working. Free would be great if not free then Viable and useful material that applies to the exam. I visited NDLA wed site they listed a few books should I use that or would anyone recommend a course or study plan online.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes!
does anyone know of a good place to get study resources? I could only find part of the Airforce manual online and the link posted on DNL is not working. Free would be great if not free then Viable and useful material that applies to the exam. I visited NDLA wed site they listed a few books should I use that or would anyone recommend a course or study plan online.
At the top of this web page, under the word Network in Dental Lab Network, click the 'Resources' link. Both volumes to the Air Force manual are there among other things.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
My unsolicited advice to you..... go to dental school and become a dentist... or a perio dude..... On the lab side you best be familliar with the words "You are only worth what you can produce".
May I ask what benefits becoming a CDT will give you (besides more knowledge on your specialty)?

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
My unsolicited advice to you..... go to dental school and become a dentist... or a perio dude..... On the lab side you best be familiar with the words "You are only worth what you can produce".
May I ask what benefits becoming a CDT will give you (besides more knowledge on your specialty)?

what is a Perio dude?
No to a doctor unless my wife can make the same that I can so I can go back to school full time. I would have to start from finishing my associates. I am open to that idea if that does arise
I enjoy the work it is very rewarding. I do not work in a Lab only environment. I work in a dental office so I have the opportunity to meet the patients and work one on one with the doctors. I do not ever feel that I am only worth what I can produce. yet.
I have the interest to learn more and that a CDT would open more doors for me as well as a pay raise.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Periodontist.
If you have the good fortune to be employed by someone that will compensate you for what you know and what you CAN do as well as what you DO do on a daily basis STAY THERE. That's good people and hard to find these days.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The online study guide is worth the money spent, its repetitive, but will help you with the format of the test.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
If you want to join Dentists organizations you need CDT.
Well worth the effort to meet quality Drs.
American Pros Society
Equilibration Society blah blah
Require CDT to join
Believe me when you walk around their meetings rubbing elbows with top Drs it's valuable to have CDT after your name on your name tag

Example

IMG_9220.PNG
IMG_9221.PNG