Amber Press

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
Hello wonderful community!

One of my dentists came back from a conference where she purchased some of the Amber Press ingots for me to try out. I've got information with times, temps, etc, but would love to hear any tips, tricks, issues or praise for this material. Are there things I should watch out for? I've been told that this material does not grey out. Do you all find this to be true in the field? Does the material have a tendency to do anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks for the input.

Kate.

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
Yep, that's the stuff. Have you experience working with it? :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
unfortunately i don't, but i thought it best to figure out what specifically you were referring to, given the plethora of trade names and product names. i hope someone can help you though.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
unfortunately i don't, but i thought it best to figure out what specifically you were referring to, given the plethora of trade names and product names. i hope someone can help you though.
Plethora? Watch the "Three Amigos" over the weekend?

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
Hello wonderful community!

One of my dentists came back from a conference where she purchased some of the Amber Press ingots for me to try out. I've got information with times, temps, etc, but would love to hear any tips, tricks, issues or praise for this material. Are there things I should watch out for? I've been told that this material does not grey out. Do you all find this to be true in the field? Does the material have a tendency to do anything else I should watch out for?

Thanks for the input.

Kate.
I have used the HT in A1 and B1 they do have different firing/pressing parameters . Hass has the technical.. I feel that they are very similar seems to have less reaction and the B1 seems to be a higher value or maybe slightly less translucent, somewhat MT ish. Cost way less than Evilclar.. Somewhere in the eighties I believe.

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. The ingots I have to try out are LT A1, LT A2 and LT C1. The ingots themselves seem to be slightly more translucent, more like the HT ingots from Ivoclar. Has anyone used the LT ingots? If they are more translucent, then the ND shade is going to affect the outcome more severely.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. The ingots I have to try out are LT A1, LT A2 and LT C1. The ingots themselves seem to be slightly more translucent, more like the HT ingots from Ivoclar. Has anyone used the LT ingots? If they are more translucent, then the ND shade is going to affect the outcome more severely.
Hi Kate, are you talking about pressing to zirconia or just stand alone units?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
Hi Kate, are you talking about pressing to zirconia or just stand alone units?

I am talking about stand alone units, made using the new Amber Press Lithium Disilicate press ingots that one of my dentists brought to me to try out. I have a couple of units I am going to try them out on, but was hoping to hear any feedback about this particular material before I start.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't used it but did hear somewhere here that it can be pressed over zirconia which is interesting for sure. You could help control value by your substrate[emoji4]

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
I currently use amber press. It's a great material. Definitely more true to color so might consider going one shade brighter. It doesn't lose value like emax. Amber Lt is more trans than emax Lt. More like MT. I am pressing with a zubler with their advanced press programs. So far ive been pressing them 5 degrees higher and it seems fine. I could probably drop the temp a degree or two. The press to zr are a different ingot. If the stump is too dark you will have to use the mo ingots. Im starting to use it more but still use emax as well. Also, has a higher melting point so you can use a broader range of overlay ceramics. They have a great team of technicians lecturing on it.

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
I currently use amber press. It's a great material. Definitely more true to color so might consider going one shade brighter. It doesn't lose value like emax. Amber Lt is more trans than emax Lt. More like MT. I am pressing with a zubler with their advanced press programs. So far ive been pressing them 5 degrees higher and it seems fine. I could probably drop the temp a degree or two. The press to zr are a different ingot. If the stump is too dark you will have to use the mo ingots. Im starting to use it more but still use emax as well. Also, has a higher melting point so you can use a broader range of overlay ceramics. They have a great team of technicians lecturing on it.

Thanks for your input. I have pressed two crowns so far, and the color is nice. I also like the little bit more translucent factor. I did have to raise the temp on the press cycle 5 degrees as I had a mispress the first go around where there should have been no danger of mispressing (the wax was almost 2MM thick there!). I am also pressing with a Zubler...a Vario Press 300. I almost always press light and shade down. I'm glad this material doesn't seem to grey out like emax too. I did have some issues with internal fracturing while hand polishing, and a little with what I call "flaking", where it cracks near the surface and flakes away.

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I have pressed two crowns so far, and the color is nice. I also like the little bit more translucent factor. I did have to raise the temp on the press cycle 5 degrees as I had a mispress the first go around where there should have been no danger of mispressing (the wax was almost 2MM thick there!). I am also pressing with a Zubler...a Vario Press 300. I almost always press light and shade down. I'm glad this material doesn't seem to grey out like emax too. I did have some issues with internal fracturing while hand polishing, and a little with what I call "flaking", where it cracks near the surface and flakes away.

I can help you with the Vario Press 300 and proper cycle options for Amber press. We have the advanced press cycles available for all lithium disilicate pressable ceramics.