Wages

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Sorry, I just saw your post on location rural Illinois, I have no clue.
Boston would be in the $65K range, perhaps more depending on other knowledge. Can you easily communicate with docs? Can you treatment plan removable on implants? Are you well versed in the implant end? Can you do hybrids? If yes, you're worth more...

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Head for Aspen, or Affordable
I sold my lab and took a job with Aspen. It's a pretty good gig- for someone who knows what they're doing. I don't know much about Affordable.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
consider moving to tennessee to work for/with sidesh0wbob. he has been needing a removables help forever.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I sold my lab and took a job with Aspen. It's a pretty good gig- for someone who knows what they're doing. I don't know much about Affordable.
Affordable's environment depends etirely on the doc. 30+ start to finish poured dentures between to techs isn't uncommon for workload.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I met a gal recently that was seeking advice in the field. She was looking for work and put out applications everywhere.

She got hired by Aspen, to head their removables dept. She had NO dental experience, EVER.

I asked her if she lied to them or what, and she said they just needed someone.

Needless to say, Aspen has a reputation that you wouldn't want around here.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I met a gal recently that was seeking advice in the field. She was looking for work and put out applications everywhere.

She got hired by Aspen, to head their removables dept. She had NO dental experience, EVER.

No dental experience? She has teeth, no?
We elected Trump without much more for qualifications...

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No dental experience? She has teeth, no?
We elected Trump without much more for qualifications...
Didn't know politician was a profession. Angela Merkal of Germany was a Chemist, did that qualify her or do you think her unqualified. Not trying to start something, just curious.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Of course you're trying to start something. She didn't go from research scientist to Chancelor, she's been a politician for almost 30 years. It is most definitely a profession.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Of course you're trying to start something. She didn't go from research scientist to Chancelor, she's been a politician for almost 30 years. It is most definitely a profession.
I didn't realize it was that much time. Thank you.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
consider moving to tennessee to work for/with sidesh0wbob. he has been needing a removables help forever.
along side, maybe.
im about done trying to make any of that nonsense happen. too dang busy with life, and the endless stream of crowns pouring in every week.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Why? Do you think they're to low?
I think those numbers are high. over the past 10 years ive been on both coasts and in between, big cities and small rural areas, large full service labs and small 1-4 person botiques. even with above average skills, there are not many tech making $20-25/hr.
at least not on the c/b side of things. I guess I understand the denture side of things being higher. heck I couldn't find a tech worth $10/hr to work for $15/hr let alone the $20 range where I was willing and able to pay.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I was paid more than $25 an hour and that was in 2008.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I was paid more than $25 an hour and that was in 2008.
so was i.
not saying there aren't people making more than that. I just don't think the average is that high for whats been deemed unskilled labor.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
In my area it's pretty much right on the money for experienced denture techs.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score

I don't know if she is working at their central location but I do know every office is different with technicians of different skill levels. There are techs with very little training that have all sorts of problems and there are experienced techs like myself that are treated with respect and make pretty good money. The cool thing is if you are a good technician that can take care of everything, you are given more latitude to do things the way you want to.