Does anyone still use CAD Spray?

Does anyone still use CAD Spray?

• Total voters
Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
I was just curious if any of your guys out there are still using CAD Spray on your models?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
No need to with the newest scanner, I only had to use it on models in the cerec red cam, unless you used cad stone.

Now I o my used spray on at and to abutment, partials, and diagnostic wax up being scanned in as pre ops. Otherwise no cad stone jist normal gypsum works great on 3shape scanner which I am using and the medit scanners and all others.

I use the cad spray from talladium, thin and a spray can size for 19.00 even you buy 5 bittles2. Otherwise tanaktin will work but imo it is too thick.

Very rarely will I spray models or dies, usually when painted with die spacer, but a extreme light spray just to dull the surface, or when non cad was was used to block out undercuts.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
we use it for when impression scanning.. some impressions have too much shine

doug

doug

Reaction score
Ti abutments, dies that we have done blockout and soft tissue. We use Graftobian white color temporary hair spray.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
As all have said, on items of high reflectivity; metal, waxes, plastics, impression material (especially orange).

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
"Especially orange". I suppose the greens and purples etc aren't as reflective. Never thought of that one, Patrick.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
"Especially orange". I suppose the greens and purples etc aren't as reflective. Never thought of that one, Patrick.
I found that one out when we started scanning impressions for Digital denture. The heavy body (which is blue) scans fine without powder. The light body, which is orange, doesn't scan at all. The only thing I can think of is that orange absorbs the blue light waves so it doesn't show up on the camera (most scanners now use blue led light technology for scanning).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nice follow up, Patrick, thanks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we use it for when impression scanning.. some impressions have too much shine
how often do you imp scan? and what % of those imp scans are you spraying?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
we impression scan when it's rush case, or the models are not done/started. 90% i'd say get sprayed.. it just turns out better.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
we impression scan when it's rush case, or the models are not done/started. 90% i'd say get sprayed.. it just turns out better.
good info, thanks

G

GarryB

Reaction score
As with most others, only on wax and reflective bits.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
As noted before on implants, I have a decent library of implant abutment scanned in and set aside for importing into scanned tik reduce spraying twice.

So nobels snappy and straumann both have abutment that need no prepping and are designed for ideal placement. Whatcha did is get a good scan with very light spray. Took that scan files and renamed it to the name of the implant abutment Rob nobel snappy yellow 5.5, created a folder on the desktop and place the files in there and next case you get just spray the model and import the previously scanned abutment, this is what I do in 3shape, I'm sure exocad scan import scans during scanning not sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'm sure exocad scan import scans during scanning not sure.
With exo the only limit is your imagination, will let you do everything you want ;)...

MetalMachine

MetalMachine

Reaction score
Only for abutments (= twice a year). I sprinkle baby powder on gum. Others were worried if I was pregnant when they smelt it. A friend uses dry shampoo.