Laboratory software system

N

Nightingalegray

Reaction score
Hey fellow Techos. Our laboratory in Perth is looking at getting a software program for managing the business. I've been doing a bit of research and am considering LabMagic. I have worked with this system before but many years ago and found it great. Not sure whats it's like now or if there are other systems that are superior?? Any thoughts would be much app. Thanks!!

Sent from my X9079 using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i use Labstar and love it. should at least be in your considerations....along with evident and maybe a few others.

N

Nightingalegray

Reaction score
Thanks pal will def check those out!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
If just starting...use QuickBooks. In my opinion, none of the other software companies that are worth it are all cloud based, therefore when your internet goes down, so does your management software. You would think one of them would include a local version along with the cloud based. Also, getting your data off some of the cloud based versions is almost impossible or they charge you a pretty penny....newsflash software companies, it's our data!!! Evident being one of the worse in this regard. Also, watch the extra fees with some of these cloud based softwares as well....however, a portal system is nice for your customers, cuts down on phone calls when the front desk manager can jump right on there portal access and see where the case is with tracking. I could keep going on and on, but I'm a software geek so I'll shut up now...good luck and tell us what u decide.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Rob did you use Evident?

N

Nightingalegray

Reaction score
Thank you my bud appreciate your thoughts!Will keep you posted!

T

Tusk

Reaction score
Rob did you use Evident?

I use Evident and think it's great. From financial management through to work scheduling, it a clever system. My only gripe is that support, although good, is in Canada , so time zones become an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Rob did you use Evident?
I currently use evident...I hate it, it's a very cluttered old interface...way over priced, not user friendly, no local version, or local backup. However, with all that said, it's still one of the better ones out there for anything bigger than a two man operation. No worries though, a lot of software companies are emerging and will address those concerns in the near future.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I use Evident and and since Rayne was pushed out it has dropped in service dramatically. They seem to be more interested in up selling to their CC service, and getting you to get onboard with their vendor network. I've asked for a couple of things and have been told: "No, this is the way it is, we have no plans on changing."