Wieland Mini and Wieland Select Networked together.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
this is precisely one of the three reasons I have never wanted or chosen to go with ivoclar VHF. I had the pleasure of working with the VHF guys when the 4K and 5K dry had first been introduced to the US - and the questions and issues that I ran into that they were not willing to fix was just... well it left a bad enough taste that I refused to do any business with VHF.

Fast forward to IDS - we bought a PM7

Winner for the PM 7 350 for US software is still the same as on Wielands VHF grinders ( ivo bought it ) so hope for you they know how to add 2 different zero points if necessary

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yeah we'll see. The construction and also their partnership with harvest was a bit too good to not consider.

But just in case, we did also buy a 52DC lol

This could just be for dedicated wet runs is probably where we will go with this.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yeah networking is not a good thing either vhf and wieland. I had to run a 3rd party software called goodsync or DSYNCHRONIZE to sync the archive folder across both mills allowing my to have the same disks on two different pc's so one disk could go between the k4 and s1. Just made a single mark in the middle of the disk and used that to align the disks to the touch off pin on the s1 and the touch of point on the k4. Never had an issue, until a power outage occurred then the recently used disks would go corrupt and I would have to spend an hour finding the the pvs jpeg and BD file from the support folder and copying them back into the right archive folder. I also ran a windows back up at 6pm every night on the archive folder, and could restore from there if needed.

But off my wieland cam I run both k4 and mini off one data base. And the S1 has its own disks and database. They need to learn to listen to the end user more often.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Listen to end user that might be a miracle as long as VHF has Benzi as CEO maybe one reason why Ivo goes another route

SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
Yes, if you already have the advanced cam then too can add another seat for either mini or select, but if you add the mini the blanks will NOT be interchangeable each mill has its own id set for blanks. I already went threw this. But if you find a way let use know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Finally followed through and bought the extra Cam license ($768?) to do this. We CAM everything on one PC to the Select and the Mini. Any puck that was previously in the Mini database stays in the Mini database and can only be used with the Mini. I was told by WPT that any new puck created in the Select database can be used in either mill. You just have to flip it around to line it up in the Mini. I think the 2 blank holder alignment marks the Select makes line up with the 2 inner blank holder bolts on the Mini. I haven't tried it yet but supposedly this is how you can get away with one Database.

Top Bottom