Solutions
Reaction score
ROi is easy.

cheap models however, is not.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
130 mL for 7 arches

$199L/x = 130mL/7 = 199/x=.13/7 equals roughly 180 arches / liter.

Varies of course by height so let's just say 100 arches per Liter. That's still $1.99 right then add the design + resin tray and i'd be surprised to see it go beyond $5 at all....

The nice part about the printer / any printer is that it's post production - so our iTero and Trios implant cases or diagnostic wax ups are finished and it's a post processing item vs doing it before and then working on the case.

unless i'm missing something here

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm looking at it from a slightly different calculation.

20g /model -> 50 models to a 1L bottle. assuming supports, and remainder material in the tray post completion, call it 80% efficiency, 40 models per bottle.

40 models per bottle sold at 20$ each is 800$, a profit of 600$ (or 400%) (or if you are canadian only 500$ profit)

but as a business model this does not produce enough money to be a profitable business. you need 4 printers doing this 40 model run each day (or more) (uses 1/4 of the material) to start covering the cost of an employee.

so you need a lot more than just models from this printer to be a cost effective printer to me.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
oh are you looking at it as a business for solely producing models? Sorry, yeah, this wouldn't make sense. not to mention turn around time etc etc. This has to be paired to something else and simplify a process.

You'd get better profit with a printer like structo if you were just looking at model ROI