Light cured wax framework

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
So basically the only things we outsource are titanium abutments and partial frameworks. Looking around I saw primotec metacon light cured wax to do framewoks. Anyone have experience with this process?
We still have casting machine that gets some use, not at volume to buy partial design mod 3shape and have them printed or lazer sintered or whatever that is.
Thanks guys!

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
So basically the only things we outsource are titanium abutments and partial frameworks. Looking around I saw primotec metacon light cured wax to do framewoks. Anyone have experience with this process?
We still have casting machine that gets some use, not at volume to buy partial design mod 3shape and have them printed or lazer sintered or whatever that is.
Thanks guys!
I think it is just so you don't have to make a refractory model. Probably work as well as a printed and cast frame.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Exactely. Id rather not have to do the refractory model thing.
Now i just need some realworld reviews on fit and workability.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
There will always be some shrinkage factor involved in the LC process. I would imagine there wouldn't be the most accurate fit, but serviceable with a good cast and finishing.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Maybe they will let you borrow/rent one to see how you like it.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I used to make verification jigs and full arch cast frameworks for implants with it.
Great fits. Mills nice. I would still use it if I had a use for it. It seems to be partially composite
because it stays tacky after curing unless you use an air barrier.
See if you can get a sample. It cures under black light.;)

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Ill order some and post pics/results.

Nik@BMDL

Nik@BMDL

Reaction score
Had tried it many years ago but was only any good for cast additions where only a part was made, cast and then welded to an existing denture ..
Too much mucking around for full production easier to block out and duplicate a model

Now days scan print and cast seems the way to go !

Z

zahni

Reaction score
It's working fine. No problems. Check also for the vertical casting ring. Up to three frames in one ring, only 300g of investment. Time and money saving, but it's a different material than wax, you have to get used to it.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I use it all the time.. harvest also make a light cure that is comparable. I really don't notice a difference between to 2, and it's cheaper btw

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and info.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
I use it all the time.. harvest also make a light cure that is comparable. I really don't notice a difference between to 2, and it's cheaper btw

Hi. I have been trying for some time to get real time info on the light cured wax for partials. Am I to understand that you use this light cured wax technique for partials and have predictable success with it? What/who is harvest? Thanks.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi. I have been trying for some time to get real time info on the light cured wax for partials. Am I to understand that you use this light cured wax technique for partials and have predictable success with it? What/who is harvest? Thanks.
Harvest recently merged with Ivoclar.

Z

zahni

Reaction score
I tryed the LiWa, didn't like it. The material ist softer than Primotecs and that makes it mor difficult to adapt to the model. IMO the one from Primotec is more advaced and developed.