Ideal Model Systems & Worthless Dowel Pins

C

charles007

Reaction score
:eviltongue:
i've already wasted my time w/ you on this...:heeeelllllooooo:

I will either have trays used for my model work during the holidays or shoot my wife.. For some reson theats to fire her don't work.. Wearing the pants in this lab has no meaning..
Can't even get Respect in my own lab that she thinks she's part of .. :D

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
renfert top spin

bi-v pins with metal sleeves. we'd order the plastic sleeves but our supplier can never seem to keep enough of them in stock for us.

works for us.

theres a Korean pin system, i'll have to find it for you guys, its basically a + shape, with matching sleeve... EDited to add: found you a link!! http://www.corident.com/eng/product01.html?mode=view&item_id=18&cat_num=005000000

works MIRACLES for lower anterior veneers. we can get super super thin dies out of it.

Last edited:
toothacts

toothacts

Reaction score
Doug you are completely right on ! Teeth are mobile, temps will move teeth or wear in time of final insertion. I use solid models to seat after the pinned model is completed and the contacts are always tight. I often find contacts being on the light side at the time of insertion but it's better I suppose than crowns fitting so tight that the Dr. cannot seat them. Every crown will differently.

capickettcdt

capickettcdt

Reaction score
for those of you using plastic sleeves;
One of the mistakes techs make is using the steam gun right at the nozzle tip to extract debris. Many times this excessive heat is enough to create a distortion of the pin seat. Back off a little, it will still get clean and keep it's accuracy.
Also pour your solids ASAP after you remove the first pour from the impression. Most stones are not done expanding in an hour or even two or three.

capickettcdt

capickettcdt

Reaction score
ALSO;
Same goes for base stones used. Find a low expansion stone and let it finish expanding BEFORE you cut your dies apart, not just as soon as it is hard enough!

C

charles007

Reaction score
ALSO;
Same goes for base stones used. Find a low expansion stone and let it finish expanding BEFORE you cut your dies apart, not just as soon as it is hard enough!

Thanks, I didn't think about the time/expanding- with flow stone. ... duh

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Six years has passed since the last post in this topic.
Something has changed about the models?

On another topic, I read that some people do not even make separated models, die stone models for Cad Cam.

I used to use giroform / zeiser system.
But I discovered that the Fino Quick Evo system is more comfortable and faster.
Saw cutting is easier because there are no pins you can cut.
What models system are you use ?
10859_pd1.jpg

iypr8i.png

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Are these available in the US? If so, who sells them.

Thanks,
Tim

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
pins shmins.

schick g2 saw. cuts straight. wish i had one.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Forget those pins man, those bloody things are holding you back.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Six years has passed since the last post in this topic.
Something has changed about the models?
On another topic, I read that some people do not even make separated models, die stone models for Cad Cam.
I used to use giroform / zeiser system.
But I discovered that the Fino Quick Evo system is more comfortable and faster.
Saw cutting is easier because there are no pins you can cut.
What models system are you use ?
10859_pd1.jpg

iypr8i.png
I use solid models only except for special implant cases.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I use solid models only except for special implant cases.

:eek: but but but how do you do it subgingival ? ? Gingiva mask.

Hmmmm2 How do you scan dies when they are too close together ? separate die additionally

If you pour twice the model, you prepare stumps(dies) solo, then you will not be doing it faster than this fino quick.
Work comfort is better, and everything fits.
But I can be quite wrong Dontknow

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score

Hmmmm2 How do you scan dies when they are too close together ? separate die additionally

If you pour twice the model, you prepare stumps(dies) solo, then you will not be doing it faster than this fino quick.
Two pours, one dies one solid model. Faster, better and less expensive. Benefits of separated model with the solid model for contacts and occlusion. No model bases or the pinning nightmare to deal with. Developed through optimizing process time and material expenses.:)

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
pins shmins.

schick g2 saw. cuts straight. wish i had one.

Just G2 I was thinking of choosing this system.

Terrible impression For Exercise Purposes.
You can cut really thin bars.Super useful while making models of lower front teeth
25q6mat.jpg
[/IMG]
25q6mat.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
my point exactly.

we had one when i worked at aurum in Toronto. was great.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Two pours, one dies one solid model. Faster, better and less expensive. Benefits of separated model with the solid model for contacts and occlusion. No model bases or the pinning nightmare to deal with. Developed through optimizing process time and material expenses.:)

Long bridge with subgingival preparation and multiple not very good parallel stumps, where some are too close

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score

One Example: Majority of cases are single unit, yes. It is faster and more reliable to trim a die without navigating between adjacent teeth. Focused on just the die. Similarly, is faster and more reliable to cut out multiple dies from a die pour without dealing with the pin locations, etc. Focused on just the dies and margins. Solid model is the die locator by merging model scan to die scans.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Yes. All the pins is a really painful affair.
Now, just spray a gray plate with separator, cast a model, cut, tirm and rady to go. do not wait until the plaster will harden the second time (20 min ? )
But surely You are right, it is more expensive I paid for this system, after converting it into dollars, 235$ (You reuse plate multiple times)

Sometimes when there is more work, there are too few plates.
I have to consider the way You use it.

Top Bottom