Scan Spray

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I've been using another way for several months. Y'all will probably think I'm crazy but it works great and incredibly cheap and virtually dust free.
Well here it is.
I use Stoner silicone spray first then dip prep in a small bowl of alginate powder. Tap off excess and lightly blow on it. The alginate never sets up because the stoner is water free. Wipes off clean and easy when case use done scanning. Try it before y'all think it's stupid.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I've been using another way for several months. Y'all will probably think I'm crazy but it works great and incredibly cheap and virtually dust free.
Well here it is.
I use Stoner silicone spray first then dip prep in a small bowl of alginate powder. Tap off excess and lightly blow on it. The alginate never sets up because the stoner is water free. Wipes off clean and easy when case use done scanning. Try it before y'all think it's stupid.
can you control thickness and get an even coat?

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
can you control thickness and get an even coat?

I heave used several spray options and feel this is by for the BEST for even coverage. The scanner seems to love the surface as scans are better than any scan spay option I have used. I have used foot spray which was effective and several other commercial scan sprays. It also works well on scan bodies. I am curious for someone else to try my crazy idea and get feed back.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I heave used several spray options and feel this is by for the BEST for even coverage. The scanner seems to love the surface as scans are better than any scan spay option I have used. I have used foot spray which was effective and several other commercial scan sprays. It also works well on scan bodies. I am curious for someone else to try my crazy idea and get feed back.
im very happy with the foot spray im currently using, and too busy to try out new stuff lol

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
I use lotrimin jock itch spray. Yellow cap. About $8. Probably similar to tinactin. Anyone using tinactin, can u try lotrimin and ill try tinactin? We can swap thoughts.

Sylvain Langlois

Sylvain Langlois

Reaction score
Dr.Scholls foot spray powder. Seriously. Its like $5 at walmart, lasts a long time

I've seen a lot of labs use that spay as well. It definatly works in most cases. Unfortunalty, what we found when scanning with this spray is that it adds more imprecision for the scanner, and by that I mean a extra layer 100 microns from our analysis. This can cause problems with replicas if you need the positions to be precise and fit perfectly once it's milled. It's not an issue with single abutments, but with bars it can definatly cause fitting issues.

But in many cases, I can say for most basic work, Dr Scholls foot spray is efficient enough if you have nothing else on hand.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I use dry shampoo. Mt favorite is BTZ Rock On. Black bottle with neon pink cap. It has a very fine even spray which adds minimum thickness and it smells better than foot spray or itch spray.