Uh oh guys. 3shape is integrating with in-office milling.

D

dandyfop

Reaction score

Thoughts? Kinda makes me wish I didn't help my accounts get into a trios.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
saves you all the work up to manufacturing.

why u no like ?

they will have bite problems, bulk issues, and difficulty doing anything more than 2 units at a time. they will see reduction and draw issues before it ever comes to you.

it is everything i'd ever want. its all ive ever asked.

its fantastic.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not a chance.

imagine doing a full arch. nah, imagine half an arch.

doc messes up the scan, makes huge surfboards and can't trim it satisfactorily. doc can't place a good margin. doc can't spend half a day designing a balanced bite. doc cant work the articulator. doc can't .... can't.... can't... etc etc etc.

anything more than 2 units its coming to me. anytime his office machine takes a sh1t, its coming to me anyway.

all he has to do is realize that a steady 75k paycheck would hire me as in-office and work exclusively on their cases. thats the future of me. he wants to go home just like i do. not sit around after prepping patients designing and milling and grinding till 10pm. thats where i shine.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'm curious how many docs who pulled the trigger on Cerec will want to invest even more in another newer, better system. I see so many of the docs doing such bad work with their cerec systems, probably because they are rushed and no one is going to call them out on a .5mm open margin.

T

Tamas urban

Reaction score
You are 100% right. The sale representatives say not even need a touch it just design and mill.[emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Did you think they were just going to give up on all the money they had been getting?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
It's so interesting how the thought process of "saving money" in terms of lab fees overcomes the "loss in revenues via chair time" for the docs. How can they justify that an "hour of lab time" is the same as "hour of chair time"?
I guess this "new math" works for all of those sales reps better than we think. Deal

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
not a chance.

doc messes up the scan, makes huge surfboards and can't trim it satisfactorily. doc can't place a good margin. doc can't spend half a day designing a balanced bite. doc cant work the articulator. doc can't .... can't.... can't... etc etc etc.

anything more than 2 units its coming to me. anytime his office machine takes a sh1t, its coming to me anyway.

all he has to do is realize that a steady 75k paycheck would hire me as in-office and work exclusively on their cases. thats the future of me. he wants to go home just like i do. not sit around after prepping patients designing and milling and grinding till 10pm. thats where i shine.

And that may be the future of many of us.

As noted with every system out there: you pay for it somewhere. Maybe in license fees, maybe in up front costs, maybe in support agreements or closed ecosystems, but you pay somewhere. The doctor systems are no different- you pay somewhere. Maybe, just maybe the systems will become smart enough to eliminate CHL or the rest of us, but not before it makes doctors take perfect I/O scans.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It's so interesting how the thought process of "saving money" in terms of lab fees overcomes the "loss in revenues via chair time" for the docs. How can they justify that an "hour of lab time" is the same as "hour of chair time"?
I guess this "new math" works for all of those sales reps better than we think. Deal
they dont teach business in dental school. they hardly teach prepping and impressioning.

X

Xydorf

Reaction score

As a dentist I agree 100 %. I have my own lab tech and would not even dream about designing myself... It makes no financial sense...

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i have a few dentists who have either purchased or will purchase a trios roland mill combo or carestream mill combo ,both exocad and 3shape have a simplified software package similar to sirona but much cheaper .But and a big but they dont run as smoothly as cerac being a turn key solution but again these guys are about $100000 in front not buying sirona so they put up with a few bumps. In the carestream exocad options its very open so they like the freedom to send where ever ,which is better than the cerac option.With the spare cash they buy a cone beam and do more work it actually fits with our lab really well they do inlays simple stuff the rest comes to us.the mentality of these guys seem a little different from the cerac guys whose sole purpose in general is never to pay another lab fee in their life as we are obviously stealing from them.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
not a chance.

75K? Sold! Call me...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i can no longer be bribed in cheetos after seeing this photo

1ln172.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions