Yamahachi PX

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Are these good teeth? I have a dealer call me up I am skeptical when it comes to new teeth I use Ivoclar Blueline.

mshiss

mshiss

Reaction score
I also use all Ivoclar teeth from Ivostar for economy, Blueline and Phonares. We tried these out to replace the Blueline level denture we offer because they are composite. The Yamahachi teeth arent' that bad. However, their customer service is terrible. I had an issue with the anterior not matching the posterior, which is completely unacceptable. Then just got the news that they are discontinuing their lingualized posterior mould. I'm back to Blueline. Ivoclar is just so easy and reliable.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I only use Ivoclar, Ivostar for economy, Blueline for most, and Phonares for high end cases. I don't see a need to try any other brands. Very satisfied with Ivoclar.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I keep a stock of Hareaus Kultzer Arctic 8s for insurance and economy work. Then for intermediate work I will use a Candulour or Ivostar....For top end work I switch to either Ivoclar or Vita....Sometimes I will mix and match...People really like the Ivoclar and I might just go like Doris A and provide Ivostar and Bluelines with Phonares for the upper end lines....

I have tried a lot of different posteriors mostly as a replacement for zero degree tooth lines...Did a bunch of Dr. French porcelain 0 degree against Meyerson Cutter bars but have switched a few cases to the centric line from Dr. French and they seem to be working out quite well....Since average age of my patients in the mobile practise is 90 I favor the cutter bars for men and Dr. French centric lines for women....I do not set them up to a flat plane but rather setup on a 20 degree curve for maintaining working and balancing...the advanced age of those I have been getting need something simple to handle and also something that works easily....I have remade so many normally setup teeth with alternative occlusions...by far the most successful setup I have done is the Linguoform uppers against Bioform zero degree lowers... I set them up with a lingualized occlusion and set the lowers using a 20 degree curve...that works out quite well...The monoplane lower teeth help reduce the lateral dislodging forces and are much easier for elderly and those with muscular control problems to handle...that in combination with the lingualized uppers make for easy chewing of foods.....

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The rep caught me off guard/good mood, otherwise I would of told him not interested in your teeth. I am interested in what he offers other than teeth. One of the I never knew I needed what I didn't know existed.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
The rep caught me off guard/good mood, otherwise I would of told him not interested in your teeth. I am interested in what he offers other than teeth. One of the I never knew I needed what I didn't know existed.
Well, don't keep us in suspense, what else is he offering denture techs? I went to their website and didn't see anything special.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Well, don't keep us in suspense, what else is he offering denture techs? I went to their website and didn't see anything special.
Sigh, I didn't see anything either just another waste of time sales rep. He comes tomorrow.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Nothing special, Vita shades are a touch off. A2 matched up more to a C2 type of thing. Didn't have anything "extra cool stuff" I didn't know about. I do like the posterior anatomy, it seems very easy to set best of all the posteriors come on a foam tape strip so no red wax. Anteriors have red wax. Characterization looks pretty good, mamelons are visible looks decently natural. They have a touch more surface texture than blueline. Blueline has more value(brightness) and chroma. I almost feel as if I am looking at dentsply that "dingy" look to them.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If blueline was a 10 I would give them an 8 or so.

23Pear

Reaction score
Wait, why do you not like the red wax? I use that stuff all the time.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Wait, why do you not like the red wax? I use that stuff all the time.
It stains the teeth, it is not a stable base to set teeth on, it liquefies too quickly and seeps into cast during boil out causing acrylic stick on intaglio.

23Pear

Reaction score
It stains the teeth, it is not a stable base to set teeth on, it liquefies too quickly and seeps into cast during boil out causing acrylic stick on intaglio.

I had no idea. Never heard this from my faculty or from our lab guys (we use DAL). Good to know, thanks!

Top Bottom