Ivoclar Style

G

grili

Reaction score
Who already had use ivoclar style? Its a good material?

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I've been thinking about giving it a try but I only see powder opaques and I'm not going back to that.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Ive tried the demo kit. Only did one premolar crown. Its better than Inline and the shrinkage was really good. Actually interested in changing. Also hate the powder opaques.....
Might try inline opaque with style on top :O

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I've been thinking about giving it a try but I only see powder opaques and I'm not going back to that.

Powder opaquer is what stops me, too. Though, I bought a few shades to try it out. As mentioned above, shrinkage is very good. Esthetics, too, form what I can tell with the limited experience.

M

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I actually thought the same, but after using the powder opaque a few times, I feel I can get a smoother, thinner layer with it.

BUT, for those who want a paste, I think you will see it soon.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Powder opaque combined with the air brush technique is the best technique for opaque !! Full arch opaqued in 2-3 minutes . Absolutely in love with powder opaque !!!

zdental

zdental

Reaction score
Hey Drizzt,

which brand you using for air brush? Vita spray'on or something else?

Thanks

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Is a new metal ceramic system really necessary today ????

A valid question. But, have in mind, there are plenty of countries, regions where Cad/Cam is not an option, financially. And, from what I know, Style has been in the making/holding for a while and it was more a 'now or never' decision...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
A valid question. But, have in mind, there are plenty of countries, regions where Cad/Cam is not an option, financially. And, from what I know, Style has been in the making/holding for a while and it was more a 'now or never' decision...

Truth!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Ive tried the demo kit. Only did one premolar crown. Its better than Inline and the shrinkage was really good. Actually interested in changing. Also hate the powder opaques.....
Might try inline opaque with style on top :O

Don't try it , it won't work !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

Zirconia is cheaper to produce compared to metal if you have a milling machine .

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
if you have a milling machine .

And that is the issue...

I agree, it seems silly to put a new porcelain system on the market. But, there are plenty of regions, al over the world, where a usual restoration is a NP pfm (Co-Cr etc...) If you reuse the metal, costs os a coping are very low...

Outsourcing to a milling center may not work either, since the cost of shipping can outweigh the cost of the restoration.

I don't know if IPS Style will work out for Ivoclar, Especially since they have three (3) pfm systems on the market, already.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Google MODEI BD air brush . The model i have is Airbrush BD-182

G

grili

Reaction score
Hi Drizzt What about the diameter of nozzles ?