For Sale Scanner, Exocad, and workstations for sale

N

NJ Lab

Reaction score
We sold our lab just a few weeks ago and the new owners did not want our scanner, exocad and software as they have two of the exact same one.

We just purchased an Open Technologies 3D scanner, Excad and workstation with Crown and Bridge and Implant modules.

This set up is 21k brand new, ours was purchased in March of 2016.

We are asking 14,000, make an offer, this is like getting a new car with 1500 miles on it, for substantially less than the one with 25 miles on it. Argen stated they would continue to support and service this scanner and equipment.

Reach out to me on this board or you can email [email protected] or call, Dennis at 914-426-2626

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
We sold our lab just a few weeks ago and the new owners did not want our scanner, exocad and software as they have two of the exact same one.

We just purchased an Open Technologies 3D scanner, Excad and workstation with Crown and Bridge and Implant modules.

This set up is 21k brand new, ours was purchased in March of 2016.

We are asking 14,000, make an offer, this is like getting a new car with 1500 miles on it, for substantially less than the one with 25 miles on it. Argen stated they would continue to support and service this scanner and equipment.

Reach out to me on this board or you can email [email protected] or call, Dennis at 914-426-2626

Well, looky here! Is this the Deluxe model and does it have the multi die jig included?

doug

doug

Reaction score
You should jump on it, that CS2 will become a door stop

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
There ya go, PDC!
Doug is sooo right!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
There ya go, PDC!
Doug is sooo right!
I'm considering it. I've just never used Exo before so I'm not sure about the learning curve. It wouldn't be a good deal if I was disappointed in the software.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'm considering it. I've just never used Exo before so I'm not sure about the learning curve. It wouldn't be a good deal if I was disappointed in the software.
I never hear of anyone being disappointed with Exo ;)...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you are using DWOS than exo will be a walk in the park.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I was up and running in a couple of hours with Exocad. DW is still a problem,,,was a problem. I'd never go back. There is so much support on here and at the other site that you'll never be too far from an answer...DO IT!

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Are you guys getting a commission? Laugh

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
What makes this decision even more difficult is I was thinking about getting a Bass Tracker boat....and the price of the scanner would just about do it. To fish or scan...that is the question. Hmmmm2

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Are you guys getting a commission? Laugh
Unfortunately not...a beer once in a while would be nice to keep us going...lol...

What makes this decision even more difficult is I was thinking about getting a Bass Tracker boat....and the price of the scanner would just about do it. To fish or scan...that is the question. Hmmmm2
A scanner will make you buck or two...the boat one the other hand is like a hole in the water, you keep filling money in to no end. An old guy once told me, if it flies, floats or f***s will cost you a lot...lol...

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
The two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score

I say, buy the boat. Life is short. Meanwhile I've got almost as much money tied up in my equipment as in my house, and haven't touched my day sailer in years.

There are things about DW you will miss, like really pretty good handles for quick reshaping. You will also miss the crashes of DW, the annual license fees (don't get me wrong, you have to pay for upgrades and support if you want them, but your system doesn't lock you out if you want to wait a bit),and the Straumann green (but you can customize Exo to give you the green, I'm told). Beyond that....
Exo is easy to learn with a little training.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
fish. no question.

G

GeneNY

Reaction score
Can the scans be imported in to 3shape with this scanner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I say, buy the boat. Life is short. Meanwhile I've got almost as much money tied up in my equipment as in my house, and haven't touched my day sailer in years.

There are things about DW you will miss, like really pretty good handles for quick reshaping. You will also miss the crashes of DW, the annual license fees (don't get me wrong, you have to pay for upgrades and support if you want them, but your system doesn't lock you out if you want to wait a bit),and the Straumann green (but you can customize Exo to give you the green, I'm told). Beyond that....
Exo is easy to learn with a little training.

This is what I'm talking about. I like the handles and I love the waxing tool. I use the waxing tool more than anything. Gru, since you're familiar with both softwares, does the exo have a waxing tool that works like DW?
What I dislike the most with the CS2 is having to get things positioned just right for the scanner to capture everything it needs. And you have to put models together to get the bite. I like the idea of just sticking an articulator inside the Deluxe and scanning it. Also there is no door to bother with closing and opening.

I don't have many crashes...although I have been getting these door errors.

It gets harder each passing day to convince myself to dump more money into equipment. Boats and businesses are both money pits. I just enjoy catching fish more. ;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about. I like the handles and I love the waxing tool. I use the waxing tool more than anything. Gru, since you're familiar with both softwares, does the exo have a waxing tool that works like DW?
What I dislike the most with the CS2 is having to get things positioned just right for the scanner to capture everything it needs. And you have to put models together to get the bite. I like the idea of just sticking an articulator inside the Deluxe and scanning it. Also there is no door to bother with closing and opening.

I don't have many crashes...although I have been getting these door errors.

It gets harder each passing day to convince myself to dump more money into equipment. Boats and businesses are both money pits. I just enjoy catching fish more. ;)

Based on many people's experience, you will continue to get increasing door errors unless you can get the switch replaced.
The Exo waxing tools are very similar and pretty good. The adaptation software is better than my somewhat dated (1 1/2 years old) experience with DW. Placing the entire model for scan without the hassle of sticking them together (I often hold basic models for the quick bite scan) cannot be over rated, positioning is a breeze (DOF-HD) and no door is good. I wish for handles as I was quick in my use of them.

If I can be useful, PM me and we can talk.