Beading and Boxing methods

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
If you grind the first 4 threads or so off that thing in the pic your nuts will screw on faster (less but still enough threads to engage) and you can get them oriented more quickly to screw. (They will sit on the top just like in the pic but not engaging threads right away.) Also might wanna unscrew the posts from the bottom (reverse threads) and slather the threads with RED loctite so they NEVER come loose...

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
CINDERELLA 4EVER!!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
not quite. That is a brand new reline jig that has never seen a hammer.
Rofl
They are talking about pouring up the final impression by " boxing" or bordering the walls around the periphery of the pvs so that you capture the vesibules without locking the whole thing in stone.

Apparently they are still stuck in the '80s and are arguing over a useless method that went they way of most hair bands of that era.
How would you do it better? Gravity hasn't changed significantly.
I'm genuinely curious what method do you propose, since we can't (yet?) repeatably and reliably get good digitally acquired details of peripheral rolls and floppy or mobile tissue in wet mouths.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Rofl

How would you do it better? Gravity hasn't changed significantly.
I'm genuinely curious what method do you propose, since we can't (yet?) repeatably and reliably get good digitally acquired details of peripheral rolls and floppy or mobile tissue in wet mouths.

Post #9 and #12

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
not quite. That is a brand new reline jig that has never seen a hammer.

They are talking about pouring up the final impression by " boxing" or bordering the walls around the periphery of the pvs so that you capture the vesibules without locking the whole thing in stone.

Apparently they are still stuck in the '80s and are arguing over a useless method that went they way of most hair bands of that era.

Hey, Nothing wrong with the 80's! Sport jackets with the sleeves rolled up and tshirts, loafers with no socks, women with big hair.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Hey, Nothing wrong with the 80's! Sport jackets with the sleeves rolled up and tshirts, loafers with no socks, women with big hair.

Wait, sorry! :oops: That's the band Poison, not 4 women with big hair. :rolleyes:

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
upload_2016-12-8_7-51-26.jpeg
images
images
images
images
images

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Don't bother giving him socks for Christmas.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Taken from signature dental studio, brian carson. Always willing to share! I hope...:Hello: bc.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
no its magnet strips. Like come with your phone book etc

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I went an purchased wonderforms. But I have since boxed and beaded anything that is a final impression. Wax around periphery and boxing wax for pvs, two pour method for alginates. and inversion pour for primary impression models for trays diagnostics. If possible I will only use wonderfill in the tongue area....Waste a bit but hey it is easier than trying to recover all material. Still on my first bucket after about 150 impressions. Technique not important rather than just having the impression upside down while it sets up....Inversion pouring creates spaces of differing densities and according to Massad and his team, inversion pouring for final casts will cause repeated adjustments....I have to trust the pros. But more than those guys that is what was taught in school....Two pour or boxed and beaded for final impressions...

Top Bottom