Sum-3D for imes icore 550i

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Anybody using this combo?
We just picked up a imes 550i and we are currently running sum-3d with good results on the fleet of Rolands.
I know this is a completely different animal and was curious about this pairing?

We are also looking into Work NC

Please advise if you have experience.
Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
we run a 550 with Sum 3D. Works great.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'd request demo trials of various CAM's, cut the same test file or files, then compare the results. See which one fits your needs the most, ie. ease of customization, quality of machining, toolpath efficiency, price/yearly fees etc. Also check their support, promptness and knowledge...could they compile a new strategy on the fly if needed, or they have to get back to you later...then you decide.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
If you'd like to read about a company that switched from the originally supplied CAM software on their imes 550i to hyperDENT, check this out:
http://editiondigital.net/publication/?i=295634&p=52

They're currently set up to sell and support hyperDENT and they've enlisted the help of a very well-versed hyperDENT expert for support and further development. If you truly want to utilize the full potential of an imes 550i, I highly suggest you speak with them before making any decisions. PM me for details!

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
Next who is the bet reseller/support for imes?

We are just outside of Toronto... I currently am not thrilled with my options so far?

Top Bottom