Best burs for the Roland dwx51

D

dentek1

Reaction score
I am looking for the best diamond burs to use in my Roland. Every sales person I talk to says theirs is the best. I bet none of them has ever milled a crown so I am asking the "true experts" on this forum for their advice. Average time for bur life etc....

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Not claiming to be "the best" I'll just let you know what our test results were when having our Roland
compatible diamond burs tested with several labs.

RESULTS: Our burs averaged between 600-800 units before dulling.
Sizes Tested: .6 - #1 - #2
Diamond Burs: $50 each

Diamond Burs.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We use Widia Hanita and Kennametal burs from a local machine tool supplier (non dental)...not saying that they are the best since I haven't had a chance to try all the brands out there...they last about 800 units and cost about $30, so nothing to complain about.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Personally Sierra Nano Dia for ZR and Sierra Razor Sharps for WAX/PMMA. I run them on my VHF mills all day long. But will do the same on a roland or you could try ZRo2 for the ZR burs.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I use 'Toolmack Precision dental tools ' burs. Great prices ($29.50) ,arrive quickly when you order too. I use them on my wieland zenotec but I know they sell for most mills.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i don't believe in a "best" bur. Its again, paired to the type of zirconia you are milling -

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I have the DWX-50 but Sierra Nano-Di burs for zirconia and RazorSharp for plastic and wax work really well for me.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
going to test out the TD diamond coated 2mm, 1mm, .6mm burs. will update as time permits. still havent tried the Toolmack or Sierra burs but heard good things about both

Top Bottom