Clear LC glaze for acrylics, options?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've tried and liked Sterngold's LC clear glaze but I was wondering what else is out there and has a decent reputation.

Anyone like anything other that that or Optiglaze?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Are these even worth it? Doesn't it wear off? I bought some bosch stuff unimpressed. Give me some diamond paste and a cotton buff.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Are these even worth it? Doesn't it wear off? I bought some bosch stuff unimpressed. Give me some diamond paste and a cotton buff.

I was with you, most of the times I chose to use this was not to paint on the entire prosthetic but to seal off problem areas.

Today they are MUCH better. I love GC optiglaze and use it on hybrids and mocks that are going to be zirc hybrids. I have seen the intaglio of non convex bases treated with this material and when taken out there is no plaque.

One of the benefits is that it is VERY clear unlike some other varnishes that essentially yellow or darken. I also believe that it is essentially a denser product than some of the others on the market. There are some new things coming in from Europe that will even be better but for now this is my go to material.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I was with you, most of the times I chose to use this was not to paint on the entire prosthetic but to seal off problem areas.

Today they are MUCH better. I love GC optiglaze and use it on hybrids and mocks that are going to be zirc hybrids. I have seen the intaglio of non convened bases treated with this material and when taken out there is no plaque.

One of the benefits is that it is VERY clear unlike some other varnishes that essentially yellow or darken. I also believe that it is esentially a denser product than some of the others on the market. There are some new things coming in from Europe that will even be better but for now this is my go to material.
Damn it John, I don't want to buy another product.... where is my catalog.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Actually Optiglaze uses a process to disperse the filler (nano-fiiler composite) throughout the suspension material. The first and second generation glazes mentioned had little, no, or poorly dispersed particles, this is why they yellowed or failed prematurely. GC is short for general chemical which is where they have strength in product development and
why they lead many in the chemistry involved in their product manufacturing.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
JKraver- I know I'm coming in on this late, but like you after all these years, I'm skeptical too. After looking into this ( unlike JohnWilson, who has actually been using it). I will be using Optiglaze. As far as stains and effects, still considering Kulzer, Ivoclar and GC. Tom Zaleske does make a good argument for GC though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I m going to order some optiglaze.