Has anyone try Ray Foster MTD1 Dry Model Trimmer

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone try Ray Foster MTD1 Dry Model Trimmer? How is it? compare water trimmer?
i use a RF MTD1. no issues, hassle free, year after year.
tried a diamond disk, didnt last as long as hoped, and clogged too easy. instead i use the Buffalo disposable self adhesive peel and stick replacement disks. fairly easy to use, inexpensive compared to a diamond, and last pretty long.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone try Ray Foster MTD1 Dry Model Trimmer? How is it? compare water trimmer?
oh and get the Ray Foster Trimmer Bar....its like a giant eraser and cleans the disk if it gets a bit clogged. lasts months and months. well worth it

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
The suction will make it louder than a wet trimmer. If you trim a lot of models, I wouldnt use a dry trimmer. The diamond disks are really really expensive and if you grind stone that isnt dry, it cakes it up. (now i read thats been mentioned above)
my suction unit is stored in the cabinet below the trimmer. kills MUCHO noise

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I will be copying this set up very soon. Soon as my lab gets put back together from the water line bursting on my wet trimmer in the middle of the night.... [emoji15].

Yup, we forgot to turn the main water supply off one night and at some point the water line going to the wet trimmer split and flooded the lab. $20k worth of damage done by a $3 water line....

No more wet trimmers for us....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ouch, that much? dang man!
see my post above about disposable disks and hiding the vac unit in a cabinet (vented cabinet of course). or i can send you some pics of my ghetto setup. not nearly as nice looking as Choppa

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Here is a quick video of the Ray Foster model grinder iv'e thrown up on my youtube channel for a few days .
Nice. Why cant you just hook a suction up to your wet trimmer? I'm obviously a pig/ My work area is never this clean.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Nice. Why cant you just hook a suction up to your wet trimmer? I'm obviously a pig/ My work area is never this clean.
Attachmet issues. The vac fails to commit.

The outlet on a wet trimmer comes from the bottom middle backest wet area point behind the disc on the trimmer to let the water pool a bit and push the grit with gravity feed pressure.

A dry trimmer has the suction hose attach at nearly the same plane as the disc and uust after the model contacy point catching as much as possible by it being pushed by the wheel'́s rotation and assisted by the suction to c0nt9nue in that direction.

OR

Because.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I will be copying this set up very soon. Soon as my lab gets put back together from the water line bursting on my wet trimmer in the middle of the night.... [emoji15].

Yup, we forgot to turn the main water supply off one night and at some point the water line going to the wet trimmer split and flooded the lab. $20k worth of damage done by a $3 water line....

No more wet trimmers for us....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just realized what that said. So sorry man. That's rough. You had it set up nice too.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you so much ,I will get those ......I almost tore my 'rotator cuff' tearing away the adhesive disk last time I changed it , ha ha :D
Yea, rotator cuff tears are NOT fun. I get to have surgery on my full thickness tear over the Christmas holidays.....

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yea, rotator cuff tears are NOT fun. I get to have surgery on my full thickness tear over the Christmas holidays.....
Good luck to you on that. I have a friend that had that done a few years ago and they are still not 100%.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Good luck to you on that. I have a friend that had that done a few years ago and they are still not 100%.
The same Dr that operated on my other shoulder several years ago is doing this one too. The other shoulder had biceps tendon torn completely free, labrum was injured, and torn rotator cuff from an injury. Other than 3 little scars I can't tell that it was ever hurt, so I'm hoping this one heals just as well as the other one.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
The same Dr that operated on my other shoulder several years ago is doing this one too. The other shoulder had biceps tendon torn completely free, labrum was injured, and torn rotator cuff from an injury. Other than 3 little scars I can't tell that it was ever hurt, so I'm hoping this one heals just as well as the other one.
Doris you need to stop with the competitive MMA Fighting :D

user name

user name

Reaction score
I just emptied my last slop bucket. screw that.

Whats the verdict on best dry trimmer/wheels/suction? Im going to order something before the end of the day.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I just emptied my last slop bucket. screw that.

Whats the verdict on best dry trimmer/wheels/suction? Im going to order something before the end of the day.
i use a RF dry trimmer and RF vac. but next extraction unit will be a renfert silent for obvious reasons. ive tried a diamond, but end up back with self adhesive disposable disks. much less pricey, and when they are gunked up or dull, its 5min to swap out

there are things that you have to be careful of when going from wet to dry....so be sure to do your homework!

user name

user name

Reaction score
i use a RF dry trimmer and RF vac. but next extraction unit will be a renfert silent for obvious reasons. ive tried a diamond, but end up back with self adhesive disposable disks. much less pricey, and when they are gunked up or dull, its 5min to swap out

there are things that you have to be careful of when going from wet to dry....so be sure to do your homework!
Other than let the models dry?