Glidewell news pfms

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Now pressing pfms no more hand layering

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too! Can't stand building pfms anymore. It's such a small percentage of our work. It annoys me.

H.Ross

H.Ross

Reaction score
In the dental lab I am working in I started switching emax crowns to be milled in wax then pressed. In this part of the world it is more about calculating your time, not material cost.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Time is money. Completely understandable

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Totally phasing out emax in our lab. The zirconia options are so beautiful with the new materials and staining. We and our doctors are loving the results.
What are you going to use for veneers?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Totally phasing out emax in our lab. The zirconia options are so beautiful with the new materials and staining. We and our doctors are loving the results.
Why are you phasing out emax if you could charge more for it?.

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Why are you phasing out emax if you could charge more for it?.
Too much labor material cost. At least for pressing. Wax invest press divest seat then start the porcelain process. Or scan mill and run beautiful zirconia.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Pressing is not news...the biggest player up here implemented it more than thirteen years ago. You need less skilled labor waxing vs. stacking porcelain...save time trimming it as well. It can be micro layered for value added cases...

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Too much labor material cost. At least for pressing. Wax invest press divest seat then start the porcelain process. Or scan mill and run beautiful zirconia.[/QUO
Milling veneers out of good old mark 2 blocks.
Have actually been milling veneers out of high translucency zirconia too. Light glaze on inside with etching. Working great!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Press to metal Ivoclar inline I think has the stuff needed to do it, we are doing a lot of Zirpess and what great results we are getting, less analog work then layering, easy to do in digital and works great on implant to blend with adjacent emax units, long span bridges. Also better co-efficiency between the Zr and Emax. Zir liner works very well even for layering Emax ceram on Zr.

I thought they have been doing press to metal for a while now, no?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
GC has a whole line of press to metal/zr. Anyone wanna buy a bunch of it? Deal

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Still I love emax, scan, design, mill wax with slight cutback for enamel, press and enamel application with LiSi porcelan and you'r done with beautiful results, especially when many units are involved. stacking ceramic is super easy and fast.
As zero zero indicated if you have the experience for stacking it becomes second nature. Yes zirconia came a long way with vitality but porcelan application and knowing your colors shows talent instead of leveled Plainfield.

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
Press to metal Ivoclar inline I think has the stuff needed to do it, we are doing a lot of Zirpess and what great results we are getting, less analog work then layering, easy to do in digital and works great on implant to blend with adjacent emax units, long span bridges. Also better co-efficiency between the Zr and Emax. Zir liner works very well even for layering Emax ceram on Zr. I thought they have been doing press to metal for a while now, no?

I was loving the zirpress for the same reasons you mentioned, but recently we have seen failures, we have had 5 or 6 that have been in the mouth fracture, so we quit offering it. The esthetics of the zirconia products have improved so much we can now offer that along with the e.max, monolithic or micro layered.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
aesthetic press has a great system i think. but it will still boil down to how good of a wax up it was

jodie

jodie

Reaction score
Still I love emax, scan, design, mill wax with slight cutback for enamel, press and enamel application with LiSi porcelan and you'r done with beautiful results, especially when many units are involved. stacking ceramic is super easy and fast.
As zero zero indicated if you have the experience for stacking it becomes second nature. Yes zirconia came a long way with vitality but porcelan application and knowing your colors shows talent instead of leveled Plainfield.
But you still have to sprue invest setup time press cool divest put in divestment liquid cut off seat.Too many steps at least for our lab to make a profit.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
But you still have to sprue invest setup time press cool divest put in divestment liquid cut off seat.Too many steps at least for our lab to make a profit.
the key is time
sprue -2min tops
invest -5min
the rest is nil (especially if you have an auto divesting machine.)
cutoff and seat isnt terrible considering the ~2hr you had freed up to do other things.

which means more time scanning, designing, or whatever else

been pressing over metal for 3+ years now. only stack when needed, and since PFMs are few and far between, i stack less and less

G

glahorm2016

Reaction score
This new Obsidian press over metal from Glidewell is the strongest ever produced crown in the market. The strength is higher than 300MPa vs 120MPa of all existing POM materials in the market.