3I Encode

G

gold999

Reaction score
So I call Biomet to see if I can get a robocast done without the Addesso plate attached to the model. Nope. So now I have to cut this plate off to mount it with my articulator. Just a 1/4 arch model. What a pain! Maybe if all the labs would just charge triple for doing Biomet abutments, then they would start listening to us.
I don't own a Stratos articulator and I have yet to mount a 3i encode case when sending it to Florida. I've been doing 3i cases for about 2 years now. They always come back with the mounting plate attached, which I have no use for, so I just knock it off. In Canada even the basic Stratos articluator is around $1000 Cdn - just to mount a 3i case - I don't think so !

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
3i Encode would not reimburse me for the crown I made on their abutment that was rotated out of position . Only a new abutment at no cost. whoopycuzzip, thanks for nothing. I also had to strip , cut, solder and re apply porc. to a 2 unit splint that would not seat. So if the healing cap happend to pinch a piece of tissue or any other debris and did not seat properly prior to impression , its my fault ? On the next case I charged list price from 3i plus an extra $100 pushing the cost to around $535.. Dr. called as soon as he saw the bill wanting a break down of everything.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I charge WAY more for having to deal with 3i. That company is a p.i.t.a. to deal with and slower than molasses.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
3i Encode would not reimburse me for the crown I made on their abutment that was rotated out of position . Only a new abutment at no cost. whoopycuzzip, thanks for nothing. I also had to strip , cut, solder and re apply porc. to a 2 unit splint that would not seat. So if the healing cap happend to pinch a piece of tissue or any other debris and did not seat properly prior to impression , its my fault ? On the next case I charged list price from 3i plus an extra $100 pushing the cost to around $535.. Dr. called as soon as he saw the bill wanting a break down of everything.
Why in the wild wild world of sports were you lower than that in the first place? After models, robocast, abutment and single crown fees + implant upcharge you were selling yourself short my friend.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I offer an implant complete fee if I get the entire case to do. Pour imp with a soft tissue, I provide the analog. (I prefer to seat the transfer since I do it under the microscope.) Custom abutment, seating jig, crown. one fee for Ti, a little more for Zr abutment or Nitride. From there Encode just goes up. There's the mounting, the gold screws that they now include, the lack of a soft tissue model 'cause they ream the model putting in the analog, oh yeah, the PITA fee.

G

gold999

Reaction score
I can understand if you placed an analog or replica in an implant impression and it was your mistake, but it sounds like this goes back as far as whoever placed the implant, they didn't have that encode abutment in the proper position or the robot placed the analog in the wrong position.
I just sent a case to Florida - 2 implant in 2nd quad and 2 in the 1st quad. I specifically told them in the instructions - 2 Ti abutments in the 1st quad so I could do a bridge and 2 UCLA in the 2nd quad so I can do 2 individual crowns. It took 2 weeks to get the robocast model back ! I just increase the charges from 3i and the docs don't complain !

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
3/4 of our implant cases are from 3i and we've had no problem.

Mind you, we are an encode empowered lab.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
R
3/4 of our implant cases are from 3i and we've had no problem.

Mind you, we are an encode empowered lab.

I think a totally digital workflow Is better and is the future, but it's the analog parts and robocast that causes issues I've seen mostly....but for our lab we can't spend the big $$$ for Encode Empowered, there's no ROI

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We ROI's within first quarter.

We go full digital and mill models from the abutment design as a die.

We charge w but more but our accounts seem to not mind at all.

If your main workflow is to Robocast and not use encode for screwmentable but someone else's Ti base I agree that would not be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk