3d Viewer

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good way of sharing case designs?

I'm finding I want to communicate some parts of the design with my accounts.

It would be nice to just email them a 3d pdf that they could just look at in their email.

I find alot of the free stl viewer online just let you see one stl file at a time .

The simpler the better.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess 3shape does have "3shape communicate" but then the Dr. has to sign up I believe.
Just thought there might be an easier option.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
3Shape you can download the 3dviewer, and give it to your clients, then dropbox or email the files to them and have them drag them all at once into the viewer.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

3Shape you can download the 3dviewer, and give it to your clients, then dropbox or email the files to them and have them drag them all at once into the viewer.

Is dropbox HIPPA compliant now? Unless you're using pgp or gpg encryption (yeah, right, nobody does) nearly all email clients send, store, and receive in cleartext.

Am I way out of the loop?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Is dropbox HIPPA compliant now? Unless you're using pgp or gpg encryption (yeah, right, nobody does) nearly all email clients send, store, and receive in cleartext.

probably not HIPPA compliant....however you can limit patient information exposure.

or for those of us with LabStar or other case tracking database....i can upload and forward to clients with a few simple clicks. bingo bango!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

No they are not Hippa compliant, but like SSB said you can limit info, also you can be on the phone with them and teamviewer then in as another option.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ViewSTL and 3dvieweronline can both be embedded in webpages, meaning you can set up your own free site using wordpress and post links for your docs.

if you are trying to communicate a whole case of restorations however, it won't be so easy. communicating with screenshots would probably work just as well though. lots of docs arent comfortable in a 3d environment.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I managed to use meshmixer and combine the 3 STL's filse into one.
Then used 3dviewer to email a link. It does the job pretty well. Really simple. The doctor doesn't need to sign up or download any software.
Was able to email it fine and it worked you could manipulate the scans on my phone. Pretty handy. I can see myself using it more.
Only problem is that you can't make the scans transparent or take away scans like you can in 3shape.

I'm also going down the 3shape communicate rabbit hole. They have Apps for your phone or tablet. I'm using Android.
It seems to show multiple pictures of the restoration. Can't really manipulate the design or show the Prep scan or Antagonist.
Maybe it's just my phone but it doesnt load 3d and seems to crash/freeze often.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the built in 3d viewer in Communicate is buggy and requires Java.