2016 3Shape

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I attempted to connect my 2016 setup to a dongle with 2014 installed and got this error. Is it even possible to do this without updating the other system? The dongle I'm using for testing only has the basics.
upload_2016-8-16_16-23-19.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Might want to contact your retailer on that one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score

anyone designing split files with the abutment at Nobel and crown "in house"
also, how about Straumann- same scenario?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

anyone designing split files with the abutment at Nobel and crown "in house"
also, how about Straumann- same scenario?

I did a Argen Ti and in house PFM and had issues having the files split into their proper folders, But I did do 2 Ti abutment from Straumann and a 3 unit frame no issues.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I have a Nobel case lined up for tomorrow, will report back

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Model builder is always a pain. They need to add a save feature in it so when it crashes,

you don't have to start all over! And the soft tissue cutting could use some improvement.

You have to have All Scans to be able to import Sirona scans anyway, unless someone

converts it to an STL for you to import. That may be the less expensive way to do it,

to pay for the conversion case by case, unless you have a high volume of Sirona cases

coming in. Then the price of the All Scans module may make cents!( See what I did there?;))
Been thinking about this lately. I have all scans. Do you know someone who converts Cerec scans? What's the process? Thanks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
depends on the version of cerec that you are converting. in most cases anyone with a copy of 2015 cerec software can convert the majority of cases, however for the older scans you'll need someone with a copy of 3.8 to convert it to the format that 2015 needs.

you cannot convert .rst, and 2015 can only convert some .lab files.

but cdt to stl is simple with the 2015 cerec software.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Been thinking about this lately. I have all scans. Do you know someone who converts Cerec scans? What's the process? Thanks.

I was going to defer to CHL on this one, but it appears that he's answered it for you.

Sorry, been busy and haven't been able to get on much.

Thanks @CoolHandLuke for answering for me!!

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
depends on the version of cerec that you are converting. in most cases anyone with a copy of 2015 cerec software can convert the majority of cases, however for the older scans you'll need someone with a copy of 3.8 to convert it to the format that 2015 needs.

you cannot convert .rst, and 2015 can only convert some .lab files.

but cdt to stl is simple with the 2015 cerec software.

OK - do you do this? If so, is it just a matter of getting the Cerec files via email and then forwarding them to you? Thanks -

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes to both questions. although it would probably be easier to do dropbox because converted files tend to nen-touple in size (x9)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
and it turns out i can't do it for you today as my cerec software license has expired. wow thats interesting.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
and it turns out i can't do it for you today as my cerec software license has expired. wow thats interesting.

"however if you would like to donate to my ...ahem....charity....I'm sure we could work something out...if you know what I mean.....;)

giphy.gif

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm up and running now. lets talk converting if you still need help.