3SHAPE EBAY SCAM

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Ok Guys and Gals,

Luckily I haven't been scammed, but the Trios podson Ebay are most likely a scam. It's like clockwork (I'm subscribed to 3shape Trios search on Ebay so I get emails anytime one pops up).

1. Thursday afternoon, a listing for trios pod comes online around $9500-$9800
2. I ask for more information, dongle/serial
3. No response
4. Someone else buys it...

And the last seller, now has negative feedback complaining of a D900 not being shipped with 2 fake shipping addresses.

Today, a new listing appears...I try to message seller. "Buyer can't answer your question at this time."
So..I make a $1 offer with a mesage attached. "Buyer is not accepting bids from YOU"

I log in with my personal account instead of my business account....lo and behold....I can now send the seller a message. So, this asshole is using fake accounts and knows I'm looking for real info and has blocked me on his/her new fake acccount.

Take caution friends!
-Patrick

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Caveat emptor.

Thanks for reporting.

DanM

DanM

Reaction score
I saw the same thing with D800, two of them with the same picture, but one was located in California and the other Georgia. With the listing saying you have to be approved to bid and a buy it now of like $3000. I asked a question, no response. With eBay you got to ask, if its too good to be true then there's something wrong.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Ok, some new follow up in the pattern

1. account has a couple hundred feedback
2. Only 2 or 3 transactions in last 6 months. All items before that are small ticket items ($3-$25)
3. Recently sold some digital x-ray sensors or other dental equipment with positive feedback

Here....the data from the last few $9500-$9800 trios pods on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Shape-Trios-3-color-intraopral-scanner-/142061452540?
ebay_scam3.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Shape-TRIOS-2-Colour-POD-Version-Dental-Scanner-/232005663513

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3Shape-Trios-Color-Dental-Intraoral-Scanner-with-Laptop-/291818015154?
ebay_scam2.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232005663513
ebay_scam1.png

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I wonder what the payment options are? you can't exactly just pull 9k out of paypal right away.. even if you have a sterling track record

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So after over a decade of buying things on ebay, I made an offer on a trios, that looked very legit, and the responses I got also were very legit. Not stock photos, plenty of good feedback. After paying, I get an email that the persons account had been hacked... Now the guy says his paypal is locked and I need to send to another paypal account. He also sent a package to my town with a tracking number to make it look like he sent it to me. So it seems the scam is getting people to pay another acct outside of ebay. A d800 went for $500 last night, and the ad is asking for a buy it now offer of $3000, outside of ebay of course. How fing stupid are these people, get a dam job! MadMadMad Beware.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
So after over a decade of buying things on ebay, I made an offer on a trios, that looked very legit, and the responses I got also were very legit. Not stock photos, plenty of good feedback. After paying, I get an email that the persons account had been hacked... Now the guy says his paypal is locked and I need to send to another paypal account. He also sent a package to my town with a tracking number to make it look like he sent it to me. So it seems the scam is getting people to pay another acct outside of ebay. A d800 went for $500 last night, and the ad is asking for a buy it now offer of $3000, outside of ebay of course. How fing stupid are these people, get a dam job! MadMadMad Beware.
Sorry for all your hassle :( .........Ebay should take care of it all, 'fingers crossed'
farces-of-nature-too-good-to-be-true-800x600.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Money has been returned via paypal, ebay was on the ball. I would say GET DONGLE NUMBERS before any major purchase, better yet, talk on the phone. Ive made many many purchases like this on ebay and most sellers are lab owners just like me, not scammers, anytime something was broke/DOA I was quickly refunded... but now that there are big ticket items in our industry, the low-lifes have found their way to suck scum. I hope they read this, because they are getting the info they need to make it sound legit, maybe even from this site. He mentioned glidewell was the reseller and there was a $2500/yr license that ended in Dec. Also gave me specs on the laptop, which isnt hard I guess.

AFA 'too good to be true', there are amazing deals to be had on ebay, so its hard to tell sometimes.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Money has been returned via paypal, ebay was on the ball. I would say GET DONGLE NUMBERS before any major purchase, better yet, talk on the phone. Ive made many many purchases like this on ebay and most sellers are lab owners just like me, not scammers, anytime something was broke/DOA I was quickly refunded... but now that there are big ticket items in our industry, the low-lifes have found their way to suck scum. I hope they read this, because they are getting the info they need to make it sound legit, maybe even from this site. He mentioned glidewell was the reseller and there was a $2500/yr license that ended in Dec. Also gave me specs on the laptop, which isnt hard I guess.

AFA 'too good to be true', there are amazing deals to be had on ebay, so its hard to tell sometimes.
I'm with you on the amazing deals on ebay . I jump on them all the time . In fact i'm waiting for a wieland cyclone suction unit ,one year old retail around $3700 and I was the only bidder ,got it for $500. Sometimes these things are so cheap it's worth the gamble :D Bought Four compressors over the years ,first three were awesome ,last one crapped out after one month & it was the newest ,lol ......You just never know .

A

Alex123432

Reaction score
if the offer is available on the latest model of scanner for 10k its not real

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not true alex, they sell for under 10k