All things GC Initial

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
you covering the around the world shipping?:)

SmileRX

SmileRX

Reaction score
I have a full kit of Initial Zr Fs for sale if you are interested

Drizzt, by "full kit" do you mean the basic set and advanced set? I'd be interested, if that were the case.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzt, by "full kit" do you mean the basic set and advanced set? I'd be interested, if that were the case.
I will PM you tomorrow when I go back to the lab ok ?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Sorry in advance of
My crappy iPhone picture... This is initial zr. Patient has very little characterizations. I don't have much experience with gc's zr porcelain but wish I did more pfz cases, it's nice stuff.. Wondering why you are selling drizz?

image.jpeg

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Sorry in advance of
My crappy iPhone picture... This is initial zr. Patient has very little characterizations. I don't have much experience with gc's zr porcelain but wish I did more pfz cases, it's nice stuff.. Wondering why you are selling drizz?

View attachment 22252

I never managed to make this ceramic work for my standards . Maybe I never managed to decrypt the system

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Youve gotta use the INside powders on zirconia. Its the only way to bring any warmth and lower the value.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Did you scan that one Al?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Not yet Rob just got back but really want to start.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Youve gotta use the INside powders on zirconia. Its the only way to bring any warmth and lower the value.

I have used everything Affinity . I just can't make itwork for me . Never had a problem with value or the shade being ''cold'' . I just can't make the insical nice .

G

Greencab77

Reaction score
Hello to all! I appreciate everyone sharing in this forum. As our lab is transitioning to Initial MC from Synspar, it has been quite helpful. The first issue I’ve had is raising the oven temps enough that the opaque will stick to our non-precious metal,despite a 14.5 cte. How beneficial is the INmetalbond? I am new to paste opaques, so it could partially be in my technique. I’m certainly not getting full coverage in only two bakes!
I’ve seen some references to lowering the starting temp of porcelain bakes. What are symptoms of having it too high? Also, is there a recommendation for vacuum strength? Our ovens fire Synspar at 725mm but I’m not sure where to set it for GC. Thanks in advance for any help!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
you MUST fire the first coat in a very thin wash, I use an a4 powder opaque mixed with water. you want to see metal through the opaque. It will take more than 2 firings to cover NP. This isnt necessarily a production porcelain, although its easy to work with and forgiving.. You will notice much less shrinkage, and your shades will be much lighter generally if you dont use the INside powders. Ive used synspar also in the past, are they still making that??

G

Greencab77

Reaction score
Thanks, Affinity. They just stopped making Synspar a couple months ago, which is why we picked up GC. After 20+ years of it I guess they changed their minds. Or Pentron just wants out of the porcelain game? Idk, details are sketchy.
I am pretty pleased with the shades and minimal shrinkage of the GC so far.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would imagine all porcelain powder sales are down across all companies/

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
thats why the reps hang around the DTG gurus

Top Bottom