3shape Crown Color in Design

• Thread starter WDL-Cali-Cad-Man
  • Start date
WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to set the color for the design in 3shape dental system 2015 15.5 to stay a certain color ? I attached pics of what i'm getting. First i get in the smile composer the nice blue color that ive been use to for years and then in the design phase get the standard grey or gold if your have your model set to grey. Any help would be great thanks DLN guru's ;p

Attachments

• emax color.png
    emax color.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 29
  • grey coloer.png
    grey coloer.png
    232.6 KB · Views: 28
hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to set the color for the design in 3shape dental system 2015 15.5 to stay a certain color ? I attached pics of what i'm getting. First i get in the smile composer the nice blue color that ive been use to for years and then in the design phase get the standard grey or gold if your have your model set to grey. Any help would be great thanks DLN guru's ;p
Yes, Go into setting under edit materials and look for shader settings. You can change the colour of each material to any colour. I like to use the plaster colour, like that you can make your design disappear into it's surroundings, it is a bit like using silver powder on your crowns.

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
Yes, Go into setting under edit materials and look for shader settings. You can change the colour of each material to any colour. I like to use the plaster colour, like that you can make your design disappear into it's surroundings, it is a bit like using silver powder on your crowns.

hi i tried that it seems like 3shape overrides what color you pick in the control panel. Is there a more advanced way of setting ????

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If you have the shader selected in the material section then that's all you can do. I think you need to dig deep within the Material XML file. It has to do with the shader icon when you change from tan to gray. Doubt there is anything you can do, I just did it on mine and it did the same thing. I'm looking in the material XML file to see by most likely the answer is no.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it also gets overridden when the material is being used without anatomy, or without an arch scan, or without an antagonist scan, or if you add gingiva, or if you have implants, or if you have it the same as the colours for antag/bite/preprep

so basically always.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
it also gets overridden when the material is being used without anatomy, or without an arch scan, or without an antagonist scan, or if you add gingiva, or if you have implants, or if you have it the same as the colours for antag/bite/preprep

so basically always.

I miss 2014...............................:(

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I debated about the 2015 "upgrade" yesterday...guess I'll still keep using 2014 for now.

If I do a D900 or D1000 scanner upgrade this fall or next spring, am I going to totally lose the ability to use the 2104 version? Will it come with the 2015 or 2016 software without the ability to download and run the 2014 version?

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I debated about the 2015 "upgrade" yesterday...guess I'll still keep using 2014 for now.

If I do a D900 or D1000 scanner upgrade this fall or next spring, am I going to totally lose the ability to use the 2104 version? Will it come with the 2015 or 2016 software without the ability to download and run the 2014 version?
D1000 yes, d900l since they no longer make the d900, then 2014 is still an option. Car, it is not all that bad. Get the 6.1 installer of 2015 but it on a second pc by its self and import you 2014 scans, select the 2105 design module and see how you like it.

I had both 2014 and 2015 at the beginning when we got our d2000 but in the past 6 months the 2014 d700 has got almost gets no action. By the time you upgrade 2016 will come with your scanner.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks, Sevan. In my case, I may not be ambitious enough to do the 2nd PC install to see what the 2015 version looks like and it's features. I think I'm getting older and more boring, maybe not up to that much "excitement" in my life for now :eek::D We'll see :)

Top Bottom