Does anodizing make a noticeable difference?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No idea. It seems they are involved in all aspects of your abutment fabrication.
Also, I'm curious if the major implant companies have issues with this?
Would this void any warranties unless done by them?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No idea. It seems they are involved in all aspects of your abutment fabrication.
What warranties? Have you read any of those? LOL

They usually titanium nitrite coat which is different.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Is the FDA aware of what you are doing here?

Excellent questions. It didn't even occur to me about the FDA angle concerning anodizing and altering a already approved by them, abutment.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

Excellent questions. It didn't even occur to me about the FDA angle concerning anodizing and altering a already approved by them, abutment.

EPA, FDA, DEA, FBI....are you guys trying to kill my order? If I go to jail, those agencies will have less revenues to fund them and I won't have to worry about funding my retirement. I'm moving forward with my order!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Funny and Like :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I found etching made very little difference for gold color but is a must for pink. I have not spent enough time to get a good protocol to get a consistent pink color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not many have, it frustrates me

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What warranties? Have you read any of those? LOL

They usually titanium nitrite coat which is different.

I was at a lecture on Friday where the surgeon had his concerns about this.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I was at a lecture on Friday where the surgeon had his concerns about this.
What were his concerns? A lot of factory implant parts are anodized for color coding. It is basic physics, whether done by a huge corporation or a competent technician.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not anodizing , but nitrate coating such as biohorizons. He claims it is toxic but I was nodding off at that point.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Not anodizing , but nitrate coating such as biohorizons. He claims it is toxic but I was nodding off at that point.

Hey, patients already have mercury, zirconia, and car bumpers in their mouths...what's a little nitrate coating going to hurt?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
One question, when or if you have ever received the Ti-nitrate coated abutment from atlantis is it on the interface? This is most definitely a dimensional difference than anodizing

As for dimensional difference from anodizing "perceived thoughts" are sometimes more dangerous than the facts. If your client is concerned than just wax out the interface just to shut them up.

The truth is there is no measurable difference that will effect ANYTHING. Its just one more thing some idiot has decided needs a study that will cost money and tell us something we already know.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
One question, when or if you have ever received the Ti-nitrate coated abutment from atlantis is it on the interface? This is most definitely a dimensional difference than anodizing

As for dimensional difference from anodizing "perceived thoughts" are sometimes more dangerous than the facts. If your client is concerned than just wax out the interface just to shut them up.

The truth is there is no measurable difference that will effect ANYTHING. Its just one more thing some idiot has decided needs a study that will cost money and tell us something we already know.

Amen! Anodizing will have no effect on any tissue besides colour...and the surgeon needs to get his head read...Nitride is a ceramic coating. it wont be the problems causing his implants to fail...keep looking.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The process and chemicals are toxic, not sure if they are after the process is complete. 3i does this, maybe they have literature on their website?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
As for dimensional difference from anodizing "perceived thoughts" are sometimes more dangerous than the facts.
The amount of oxide layer on the surface is on an atomic scale, certainly immeasurable with in the tolerances of the machining process.
I block out the interfaces just to avoid answering this question another millions times.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Indeed the pink is the hard one to obtain.
We have a complete process to have consistent result.

http://www.pantheradental.com/images/Realisations/full/527_bar_wrap-around_ionized.jpg

THere is also a process of cleaning to remove all possible residue of liquid used during the process.
It not complicated of doing it, neither it take time, but you must have proper equipment (meaning good power supply that is not affected by fluctuation in the electricity of your building and environment) and also a good recipe of product to use during the process to clean before, to use during and clean after.) Also the material make a difference, the titanium we use make a better result that the one we were using when I was Biocad/Nobel, color are nicer with the one we use.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
my concern would be the bond strength over an oxidation layer

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Oxidizing or tarnishing, or is that the same thing?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Oxidizing or tarnishing, or is that the same thing?

Depends ,are you talking about abutments or reputations?

I usually will use an anodized abutment in the esthetic zone only. Not really a concern with bone level implants.