Reaction score
I have a problem
Zr crowns gets green color while sintring
Any reasons & solutions
Thank u

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Are they preshaded or do you add the shade yourself. I've been told that contamination can happen when you combine preshaded zi with dipped zi in the same oven. I'd purge the oven a few times and then try again.

R

Ryan

Reaction score
I have a problem
Zr crowns gets green color while sintring
Any reasons & solutions
Thank u

Purge your sintering furnace. From my experience this will resolve the issue. This is caused from a gas that come from your elements. When you purge your oven, it does 2 things. 1. Burns out any contaminants and 2. Rebuilds a glaze on your heating elements. I will see if I can find some pictures of some elements before and after purging.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
They generally have little white specs on them when they need to be burned out. Throw in a chunk of ZR to absorb the contaminants in the chamber

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
They generally have little white specs on them when they need to be burned out. Throw in a chunk of ZR to absorb the contaminants in the chamber

And you may have to run more than one decontamination cycle. Keep running it until your zirconia scraps come out the shade they're supposed to be (I usually try to run a white scraps because it is easier to visualize).

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I do like their Purge-All and Purge-All +, but have not tried the Purge Sinter. Will have to order some.
I feel like i'm getting my moneys worth Patrick because they give me a little free crucible with it , lol . The one thing I don't understand is the temperature at which you purge ,,,,,,,only 800 c for ten mins . The material changes colour so I guess it's absorbing something ,,,,,,If nothing else it's absorbing my $80 each time I need a new tub .o_O