Guys, I need a lot of help, sep by step.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
only if you want to get cut with a piece of broken glass, or can bake porcelain in a mortar.
It's a warzone of course, but surely not all over the country, at least not yet.
and we don't bake porcelain in a mortar, this photo is from my humble lab Generator.jpg

showing my Ivoclar Furnace ( There's another old one not in the photo ),along with diesel generator and a couple of huge Batteries with its inverter.
Yes it's hard to live here , but we are struggling to survive and still work with only 3 hours of main electricity a day.
We are not living in the desert, as some may think, civilisations were born here.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Ah, I thought he was in israel, i think thats edy?

As I said, with respect, theres nothing wrong with learning , and I guess this is as good a place as any.. PM me adi if you need some books on implants..

Im not trying to be the ignorant american and say syrias dental care should resemble anywhere else in the world.. Like a rocking bridge on implants means anything in a warzone.. :bag:
Affinity, books on implants is a dream to me , dental books are very expensive and hard to get , before the revolution I was able to manage buying books, now it's almost impossible.
Like I said, I'm trying to learn the hard way, and there is no more experienced lab to send this case to.
Those photos of the book you sent was a great help, thank you so much.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I've some studying to do reading your tips.
I'll post the next photo when I reach it.
Feeling obliged

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Fascinating to see how you work.. we take SO many things for granted..... best of luck.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It's a warzone of course, but surely not all over the country, at least not yet.
and we don't bake porcelain in a mortar, this photo is from my humble lab View attachment 20035

showing my Ivoclar Furnace ( There's another old one not in the photo ),along with diesel generator and a couple of huge Batteries with its inverter.
Yes it's hard to live here , but we are struggling to survive and still work with only 3 hours of main electricity a day.
We are not living in the desert, as some may think, civilisations were born here.
Friend of mine fled from Iraq with much of his family, he's a denture tech, his father was a dentist. I believe we have much to learn from you as also. Be well.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
if it were me, I would customize stock abutments...
wax/ acrylic/ and then cast a frame over that with screw access holes in it (cement it all together when finished) but still have it as a screw retained arch. (so it can be removed without destroying it)
the benefits for you are... the abutments are easier to get ahold of, CAD/CAM not so much.
the abutments are salvageable and re-usable if the cast frame warps/ fails.

do the frame in an acrylic supported structure, and try it all in before you cast it... make a putty matrix of it first so you can replicate it quickly if you have a failure (power or otherwise)

do several tryins along the way.. a total remake would be quite costly to redo in your situation

also, you can use silicone (bathtub caulk) for your tissue, as I am quite sure you can't easily get ahold of materials we take for granted.

gotta say, tons of respect go out to you in this situation. I really hope you post pics along the way, I'm anxious to see how it goes

Last edited:
Adi

Adi

Reaction score
if it were me, I would customize stock abutments...
wax/ acrylic/ and then cast a frame over that with screw access holes in it (cement it all together when finished) but still have it as a screw retained arch. (so it can be removed without destroying it)
the benefits for you are... the abutments are easier to get ahold of, CAD/CAM not so much.
the abutments are salvageable and re-usable if the cast frame warps/ fails.

do the frame in an acrylic supported structure, and try it all in before you cast it... make a putty matrix of it first so you can replicate it quickly if you have a failure (power or otherwise)

do several tryins along the way.. a total remake would be quite costly to redo in your situation

also, you can use silicone (bathtub caulk) for your tissue, as I am quite sure you can't easily get ahold of materials we take for granted.

gotta say, tons of respect go out to you in this situation. I really hope you post pics along the way, I'm anxious to see how it goes
Andrew, that was inspiring, thanks,
" stock abutment " means castable plastic abutment ?? If it doesn't, I can't imagine how an abutment can be made out of wax or acrylic, especially the hex part !!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Pretty good idea andrew, economical and salvagable. If your frame is warped you can recast it without buying new UCLAs.

Adi, there are castable hex cylinders that dont have the metal base like a UCLA. These are not fun to work with .. if you get any investment bubbles where the screw head seats, its almost impossible to see or even grind out with a microscope looking down the screw channel.. I know FrenchCadman might disagree because he casts a lot of these that he mills himself..

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Titanium stock abutments
I googled the "Titanium stock abutments" , it's not available around here,
what would say if I make similar abutments using castable abutments? will it be a good idea?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
What implant system is it?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think you have one right here.. it doesnt look like an impression coping.. P_20151121_134652_HDR.jpg

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
- I know it sounds silly, but is soft tissue really important? why?
- I know that the verification jig is a tray made of acrylic that connects the transfers, to make sure that everything is in the right position, right?
- I tried to google up "bead/box and a full solid cast" , found nothing, I don't know what this means.

Thank you for your help
Here's two methods:

The first method requires a magnetic strip. All ore has them:
http://www.almore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=42705

Here's a verification jig.

If you provide a custom tray, it should be made over the blocked out jig, so it can be picked up in the impression.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yes, I was wondering if that was a stock abutment used as impression.
LCM

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Dentist have the intention of adding more implants there on the right, so case will be put aside for now.
But it was a great opportunity to get acquainted to you guys , and I learned a lot from you ( and still ).
Thank you all, until we meet again, hopefully, to post more cases in the future.

Top Bottom