Whats Your Favorite Articulator?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
We used the Hanau modular in school but they were pretty much trashed by the time we graduated....Had to keep readjusting them and recalibrating them.. Switched to a Wideview with a springbow and pin tracer with plastogum index....never looked back.....but the wideview need to watch out for subtle shifts in centric if you dont lock the centric stops.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Artex for me , very widespread in France ….

:Top:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We were introduced to Artex about 15-20 years ago and have been really happy with it. I don't believe there is a more well though out system in Dental. Looking more closely at others, more recently, there has been significant attempts to duplicate many of the great features Artex offers. Here are some.
Artex is available in about 7 different configurations. You want average, there is an average articulator. You want adjustable there are several to choose from.
There is a model room only articulators with no adjustable incisal pin nor functional movements. This reduces risk of mounting something incorrectly. If you have a model room articulator you never get wet plaster on your better working instrument.
Years ago, research was published by Dr. Philip Millstein in JPD on the accuracy of articulators when removing and replacing the models. Artex came out first, hands down. Many had errors of several hundred microns.
Great facebow.
Has a pin to hold the instrument so when sitting on a bench you can look at the case parallel to the occlusal plane, hands free.
Simple but rally nice incisal table for making custom incisal guides.
Super easy to calibrate, if you have more than one or your docs have one, no need to be shipping articulators. Once calibrated, they are within about 10 microns of one another. (not sure of the exact number, sorry) And, they stay calibrated for a long time. We have a few dozen, we check them all every six months and there is generally one or two that need to be calibrated.
I'm sure there is more.
Please keep in mind, CAP does not sell Artex. This is not a sales pitch. It's simply the best.

Bob, that was my feeling, but I had only data/experience from my old lab to go on. We had 2 of the model room articulators and 5 of the really adjustable ones that were "stationed." When the case would go through it would hit 2-4 of them and we never had problems of innacuracy. Thanks for confirming their quality.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We used the Hanau modular in school but they were pretty much trashed by the time we graduated....Had to keep readjusting them and recalibrating them.. Switched to a Wideview with a springbow and pin tracer with plastogum index....never looked back.....but the wideview need to watch out for subtle shifts in centric if you dont lock the centric stops.
Were the Hanau so poorly made that the only lasted a few years?!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Were the Hanau so poorly made that the only lasted a few years?!
The Hanaus have more things that can get knocked out of adjustment...
But lack of familiarity with an instrument isn't the same as a shoddy one, at least until lack of basic care and maintainable catch up to it.
I've always found the H series to be indestructible. Most just need a little tlc

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The Hanaus have more things that can get knocked out of adjustment...
But lack of familiarity with an instrument isn't the same as a shoddy one, at least until lack of basic care and maintainable catch up to it.
I've always found the H series to be indestructible. Most just need a little tlc
Thats kinda what I was thinking, but was uncertain. Thanks!

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
What about Bio-Art A7 Plus ? its worth ?
someone is using ?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Worked on a wide view today. That condyle will slide right off the rail.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I have Hansu, Denar, Strstus, Artex, expensive and not used daily. For a cast partial where there would be no verticle problems a non pin Keystone with strong magnet, they don't match each other so I numbered them and write number on cast, I also articulate repairs and these are work horses. The keystone Labmate with strong magnets works for full cases, and simple over dentures. A bar or implant gets the Stratus, or Artex. I have a LVI Dr who likes the acculiner, I charge extra to use that thing.
I have something a Pfingst KSK that I use on all brux or Tmj appliances. I still use my Swisident articulators to fill when I use up what I have.

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
Consonant sounds are produced when there is an obstruction of the airflow somewhere in the vocal tract. This obstruction is the point of contact between an active articulator and a passive articulator.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Consonant sounds are produced when there is an obstruction of the airflow somewhere in the vocal tract. This obstruction is the point of contact between an active articulator and a passive articulator.
Sorry, that was pretty cryptic.
Mind breaking that down?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, we have ourselves a 'bot. Anybody wanna help me mess with it?