Lab Specializing in Removable Prosthesis

Do complete and partial dentures bring in enough revenue to support a small lab?

• Yes

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Yea well see how it plays out. Still crossing fingers for first case. Meanwhile ran 37 and 27 dentures the past two days at my day job... Not fun.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Got my first two cases today. One office I thought had no interest. Now for the fun part

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Got my first two cases today. One office I thought had no interest. Now for the fun part
Do what you said you would and always deliver on time.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Man im so excited to get home and set/wax this case haha. Thanks @JKraver gonna do my best

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
congrats! you are on your way, Luke!

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks you all, I appreciate it. Ill keep you filled in. Cant see myself lasting too many more weeks at my day job. Debating on giving my two weeks tuesday haha but I want to make sure the work will be there first.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Stretch it out, drink a cup of coffee and grind it out. Keep your income long enough for you to find other income.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
Gonna follow my friend @JMN advice and make sure i have a few mortgage payments and months bills saved away. Thanks @JKraver , your right.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Gonna follow my friend @JMN advice and make sure i have a few mortgage payments and months bills saved away. Thanks @JKraver , your right.

If it doesn't take a toll on your life I would keep both as long as I could stand it. Remember your family is more important than money. You can always make more money, you cant always make more memories.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
@JKraver oh the day job takes a toll haha. But im not trying to get rich, just like to provide for family and be able to work at my own pace. Free up some time for school/family. I have no problem working nights on my own. The company I work for expects one to never miss work. Called me day after my son was born and asked me to come to work. Of course i said no. After that it is kind of personal that I don't want to work for a company like that.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Just remember that once you are working for "yourself" you will have as many demanding bosses as you have accounts (or maybe more depending on their staff). At least for a while the business owns you, not you the business. Not to mention you MUST have enough cash on hand to survive a number of unexpected things the first year. And if that's a picture of your little ones, don't neglect them or your better half. They don't see the urgency in what you are doing the same way you do. All that said, it can free you more in the long run, so stick it out!

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
@Gru I will. Taking care of my Family is the motivation to this whole plan so how dumb would it be to get so caught up in work to forget about them. My wife stays on me and doesn't let me forget whats most important haha. Yes the kids in the picture are my two kids. My daughter climbing on me and my son doing his best attempt to fight gravity.

I followed your advice and delivered my case a little early. Hopefully they are happy with the work and delivery.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Careful about delivering too early. The Dr may come to expect it. Include a piece of paper saying something like because we care we were able to finish this case before the scheduled return and wanted you to have it to deliver at your convenience. Then reiterate your required return time. Like, enjoy your return above and beyond your expected turn around time of 5 days.

Luke

Luke

Reaction score
I advertise a 3day turnaround. For now

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I was just making up a number, but hopefully you get my drift give a office an inch they will take a mile.