All on 6 bridge , Pekkton frame , cubic zirconia crowns , composite gingiva

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
kcdt i couldnt agree more you look at things and sometimes they dont add up.
My big thought on this particular one is there's a lot of sulcus and some black triangles.
How's all that going to get sealed up?

Forget the wear and tear, how are all those crevices supposed to flush out.
I'm thinking this could be an unavoidable flaw in this approach.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey all , currently I am on vacation with limited internet access . I will answer all your question as soon as I am back !!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Impressive work there, a lot of time must of gone into this. Well done.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hey all , currently I am on vacation with limited internet access . I will answer all your question as soon as I am back !!

Enjoy !
More importantly, pictures of your vacation 1st.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Very nice case and I love the individual look...
How many hours of labor would you say you have compared to the other way.....
Drizzt, like to hear your thoughts about designing a case like this ?

Did you charge extra in the designing so the patient could floss lol :)

Hey Charles ,

This technique requires less labor compared to traditional metal ceramic screw retained/cement retained and layered technique . Layering just 6 labial surfaces is really easy . Contact points , occlusion , everything is ready before you even start . The most laborish part is the frame , but I am working on some ideas to make it happen fully digitally with Exocad . I had to hand mill the frame with the individual preps , and then send it to be pressed .

Extra labor is ok though , as I am charging premium price for this kind of work .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
design question-
Aren't you concerned about micro leakage between the crowns and the pink?

Hey Tom ,

We followed the same protocol we do when we have materials that can be etched . After all the primers , composite cement , and then the air barrier gel . The oldest case of this kind we have done is 3 years old and we have zero issues . Patient is the father of the dentist , so it is easy to follow this case .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
bredent make a press for their peek its quite cool. im still not convinced about the resin gingiva looks ok now but in 2years not so sure i also think it will stain around the gingival margins with the flex in the peek it will pull away for the zirk crowns. drizzt great hands!
Only time will tell, but my guess is it will stain over time, I think the frame is touted as having flexure as a feature, so I don't see how the bond is supposed to survive both thermocycling and flexing...
But I could be wrong

Hey guys !

I am not composites biggest fan . But , I have seen that if it is handled properly , it is a great material . We have done a lot of telescopic cases with composite gingiva , some are over 10 years old . We never had problems with staining , even with patients that were smokers . But even if a problem like this occurs , it is very very easy to fix it . Even the dentist can do it , he just have to polish the area , or if he can't reach it , he can simply remove the prosthesis and polish the stains away . As for the point that gingiva connects to the crown , it was polished after cementation at the practice , for this reason exactly , to avoid the possibility of staining . I will not say that we made it disappear , but I think that we reduced the possibility if this happening . I have seen more cases with ceramic gingiva compared to composite gingiva having stains though .

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Hey guys !

I am not composites biggest fan . But , I have seen that if it is handled properly , it is a great material . We have done a lot of telescopic cases with composite gingiva , some are over 10 years old . We never had problems with staining , even with patients that were smokers . But even if a problem like this occurs , it is very very easy to fix it . Even the dentist can do it , he just have to polish the area , or if he can't reach it , he can simply remove the prosthesis and polish the stains away . As for the point that gingiva connects to the crown , it was polished after cementation at the practice , for this reason exactly , to avoid the possibility of staining . I will not say that we made it disappear , but I think that we reduced the possibility if this happening . I have seen more cases with ceramic gingiva compared to composite gingiva having stains though .
Thanks for the replies. Your work is simply beautiful.
Every time I see this approach, I have these questions, so I appreciate your helping us visualize how this comes together and how they hold up in situ.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Your work is simply beautiful.
Every time I see this approach, I have these questions, so I appreciate your helping us visualize how this comes together and how they hold up in situ.

Thanks for the kind words ! My mentality for our industry is share as much as we can , we can only gain from that !

We will make the lower also for this patient , so I hope I will have a nice case for feedback .