Help with thermoflex night gaurd

M

mr-b

Reaction score
I have dentist asking about thermoflex night guard.
How we make the thermoflex night guard.
Thanks

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thanks
Well, I assume dr is asking for a night guard that gets flexible when you put it in warm water to ease insertion and removal.

We wax a typical night guard and press pack it in Astron Clearsplint, or, if a harder occlusal surface is needed, we process a shell in Talon and press pack a clear PMMA occlusal to that.

There are options for vacuformed dual or single laminate, but a former that can occlude the models can get pricey.

M

mr-b

Reaction score
Thanks KCDT
Yes it is the one become soft in water .
How about the one for interra for dentsply is it the same oe not.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thanks KCDT
I couldn't say; I have no experience with that system.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
Thanks KCDT
I believe that is the system where you apply a thin layer of resilient material and then the hard material on top of it. The resilient material softens a little bit in warm water, but the night guard doesn't flex like the Clearsplint does.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I believe that is the system where you apply a thin layer of resilient material and then the hard material on top of it. The resilient material softens a little bit in warm water, but the night guard doesn't flex like the Clearsplint does.
Most labs I know bailed on Enterra some time ago, so I've never worked with the range of materials available for it.

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
A thermoflex night guard is worn daily and like any personal care item, it requires regular cleaning to prevent damage to the appliance and growth of bacteria. Proper care and maintenance of your thermoflex night guard will keep it in good shape for a long time,

S

Steve Roberts

Reaction score
A thermoflex night guard is worn daily and like any personal care item, it requires regular cleaning to prevent damage to the appliance and growth of bacteria. Proper care and maintenance of your thermoflex night guard will keep it in good shape for a long time,
There are several thermoflex thermoplastic material available, we have had good luck"depending on patient need" using Enterra for patients with low jaw angles that brux hard to Ercoloc Pro for mild bruxers. Both have the option to use a soft lined interior with a hard laminate outer layer.
The only downside is both systems require a healthy entree fee.

H

Hal Hamilton

Reaction score
Thanks
There is a material for night guards called Thermoflex. Powder and liquid pack then boil then trim.

Top Bottom