How do I...

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
correlate a scan of a pre-operative model with an iTero scan in 3Shape?

Thanks.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I would think make a scanned file for the preop model and then the I terro model. Then start a new case in three shape and import both of them into the new work ticket. Then once you go into design click on the align models button and just align the two together.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Thanks, Riley - Have to say, I've never even noticed that button before.

Old dog, new trick....

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Reaping the benefits of digital technology, once again.
Cheers!
LCM

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I would think make a scanned file for the preop model and then the I terro model. Then start a new case in three shape and import both of them into the new work ticket. Then once you go into design click on the align models button and just align the two together.

Have you personally done this? I will attempt it tomorrow to see, this would be a sweet trick if it works.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Have you personally done this? I will attempt it tomorrow to see, this would be a sweet trick if it works.
It works. I had set up a new job and imported the pre op scan but didn't know how to correlate the images until Riley made me aware of the button....

S

SW_CAD_TECH

Reaction score
It works, I did it last week when asked in another thread. Here's how I did it.

1. Accept digital scan file so it's added to your order menu and saved on your system.
2. Create pre-prep order for analog model. Setup the pre-prep order with pre-prep, no antagonist. Scan the same model as pre-prep and prep (did this so pre-prep scan was labelled as pre-prep, just to be sure) and the dummy tooth.
3. Create 3rd order (this will be the working order) with pre-prep selected, import scans from digital order and pre-prep scan from analog order.
4. Merge and align with the tool in designer.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
where is this align models button you speak of? Is it a 2015 thing, or is it hidden in my 2014 version somewhere?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
where is this align models button you speak of? Is it a 2015 thing, or is it hidden in my 2014 version somewhere?
2014. Go to design after scanning and it's one of the little icons on the right. Maybe 4-5 icons from the bottom