Zenotec Cam V3 Camera Limited

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
My lab just recently purchased the zenotec select hybrid milling machine that comes with the CamV3. It is a good program but the only complaint I have about this is the camera always being fixed at a top angle shot. Nesting crowns is not a problem but when you start to nest Zirconia abutments it gets really difficult to put the spruce below the margin and at the right spot.

Because the camera angle is fixed at a top angle there is no way for you to look directly at the side of the abutment and place your spruce with ease. The program does offer two mini viewers at the bottom to show you the side and the front view but it is way to small and you cannot see the details.

Wish this program was as easy as Sum3D where you have freedom with the camera and when you place the spruce it is as easy as placing your mouse on where you want the spruce to be and click. For CamV3 the spruce placement is utilized with using all 3 camera views...

Anyone else use this program and found a way around this?

Much appreciated,

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
When I sprue using V3 the cameras show me exactly where the sprue is going. I then use the mouse wheel to move the sprue up and down

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Interesting take. I use the same software and find the camera views at the bottom of the screen more detailed than the occlusal views.

You can change the size of those pictures in the bottom window by hovering over the border between the windows clicking and dragging the border up. It will decrease the window size on top proportionately.

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
Interesting take. I use the same software and find the camera views at the bottom of the screen more detailed than the occlusal views.

You can change the size of those pictures in the bottom window by hovering over the border between the windows clicking and dragging the border up. It will decrease the window size on top proportionately.

I just tried it and it works. This will definitely help with seeing where exactly the spruce will be placed rather than looking at a small window. Thanks for that Patrick! Still wish that it was a free form camera though...

Noke Re Ani

Noke Re Ani

Reaction score
When I sprue using V3 the cameras show me exactly where the sprue is going. I then use the mouse wheel to move the sprue up and down
I may be doing something wrong but sometimes the program wont let me place the spruce any lower below the margin when there is enough space to go lower.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
It may have to do with the angle that it would have to rotate to when trying to reach for milling. You may have to increase the Area around the object or the taper of the walls around it. If you email me one of your stl files that you are having issues with, I will try it on my software and see if I can figure it out. My email is [email protected]

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Screen shot a case so we can see what you are doing wrong.

This is a great cam and while the literature to learn it is not great once you work with it you will find it very powerful.

Top Bottom