What is the average lab charge for an upper denture reline?

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
I think I am too low on these same day relines.
$85 bucks and I pick up by 9 am-pour model, mount on the Jig and process in pressure pot.
Then deliver by 4 pm. What are you all getting for similar service?

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Thanks all for the great feedback, time to raise my fees.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Victor you should raise price for next day relines, but a sameday should come with a surcharge, and if it is unscheduled a double surcharge. They usually know when the reline is coming and can if they choose preschedule with you. I've called around and found I was the only lab in my county even offering same day relines. My informal survey averaged at $115. 2 day relines, or pick up this morning deliver by next afternoon. $120-$180 for same day.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ivocap same day $175

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I'm charging the same for unscheduled and same day as scheduled and whenever. This may be a stoooopid move on my part, but I'm looking at it as my service level IS my selling point. They can ship them next day/2nd day each way and pay a distant competitor a cheaper fee if they don't need it fast. Of course I'll take them scheduled and slow too, but not many people have a spare denture on hand, especially around here in my area, lotsa po' folks.

On pricing though, do y'all generally just update your price list to whatever the LMT average is for your geographic area, for your lab size, average of the 2, higher/lower of the 2... There's a lot of difference in income levels in the "northeast/newengland/cental east coast" area. And.. I'm scared to price too high and prevent people from getting the help they need vs too low and not getting apprpriate payment. My boss, before he cloed his lab last month, had prices unupdated for a long time and was charginb 65usd for a reline. Big jump to current prices for anyone we were working with.

Edit:Anyone willing to help me with understanding this better can feel free and Very Welcome to PM me and it will stay in confidence

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
You need to know what are the total costs for a same day reline including labor and what gross profit percentage you think is reasonable?

You should be working to know this for every product in the lab.

Thedentureman

Thedentureman

Reaction score
Ivobase,24 hours $150

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
JMN you mentioned USD. So possibly you are not stateside, and in other countries the lab receives a larger share of cost to patient. You have concern that you are the major cost to patient,Or reason they cannot afford. in USA. Lab is rarely over 25% fee to patient. An unscheduled reline/rebate/repair uses daytime I have already planned on using. The unsvhurled means I have to work overnight or reschedule other work. Shouldn't I be compensated for having to work to make up for the dentists or patients lea sure?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I think I am too low on these same day relines.
$85 bucks and I pick up by 9 am-pour model, mount on the Jig and process in pressure pot.
Then deliver by 4 pm. What are you all getting for similar service?

Depends on your region and what are your competitors charging? Too many labs don't pay attention to this and either charge way too much or way too less. We charge $80 which is about the average for our area and we do the same process as you. It's also a service to help bring in new business, sometimes it's the first item a new office sends us, so we impress them and they send us add'l work.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
JMN you mentioned USD. So possibly you are not stateside, and in other countries the lab receives a larger share of cost to patient. You have concern that you are the major cost to patient,Or reason they cannot afford. in USA. Lab is rarely over 25% fee to patient. An unscheduled reline/rebate/repair uses daytime I have already planned on using. The unsvhurled means I have to work overnight or reschedule other work. Shouldn't I be compensated for having to work to make up for the dentists or patients lea sure?
I'm on the east coast of the US. Your point about unscheduled stuff using time you already planned on using is one thing I hadn't thought of.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
JMN your charge has little or nothing to effect patient affordability. DDS in USA are charging pt $450.-$900. for lab reline(no attachments) . I was picking up case this afternoon, and overheard lady say I want to pay now, the receptionist said ok reline $795. overnight I'm 155. so I'm around 19% if I lowered my price with the thought of helping the patient, in reality all it would do is reduce the % of the DDS cost.
For you young whippersnappers try this I did this until 2010. Have a friend call your accounts and say something like;
I'm new in the area and don't have insurance, so I want a ball park on what my family needs. Then ask price for a replacement denture, or a reline for mom, and a Chrome Partial or flexible partial for Dad. A night guard for your friend and a backtooth crown for a son or daughter. The receptionist will almost always give average quote.
I have notes from 1979-2010 I have not seen a lowering of charges in that time, but they would always tell me I should not raise my charges.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
JMN your charge has little or nothing to effect patient affordability. DDS in USA are charging pt $450.-$900. for lab reline(no attachments) . I was picking up case this afternoon, and overheard lady say I want to pay now, the receptionist said ok reline $795. overnight I'm 155. so I'm around 19% if I lowered my price with the thought of helping the patient, in reality all it would do is reduce the % of the DDS cost.
For you young whippersnappers try this I did this until 2010. Have a friend call your accounts and say something like;
I'm new in the area and don't have insurance, so I want a ball park on what my family needs. Then ask price for a replacement denture, or a reline for mom, and a Chrome Partial or flexible partial for Dad. A night guard for your friend and a backtooth crown for a son or daughter. The receptionist will almost always give average quote.
I have notes from 1979-2010 I have not seen a lowering of charges in that time, but they would always tell me I should not raise my charges.

Uhhh wow. I was still in the mindset of around lab x 3
o_O

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My same day relines are $200. Drs have never blinked at it.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
Totally depends on the market rate of lab work in the area where you live.
I have no problem speaking with other labs in the area about what we charge.
Or my accounts will give me other labs price sheet if i ask. Its important information to know.

I think were around 160 - 170

If its a same day unscheduled,.. 25 upcharge.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I'm new to removeables and have a case coming up. They are calling the case a reline, but there are 4 zest locators involved. I am using the Ivobase to reline and I don't know if there are more fees involved with the zest locators. An assistant said that one lab that they have used just charges for a reline and does not charge for the locators. Any help would be appreciated.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
@CreDes

You should definitely charge more per attachment site if you have to use analogs etc.. Unless the doc plans on picking up in the mouth.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

What about soft relines?